1. LadyofLettes

LadyofLettes New Member

NaNoWriMo help

Discussion in 'NaNoWriMo' started by LadyofLettes, Oct 6, 2014.

I need some suggestions/help. I'm doing NaNoWriMo again for the fifth time. I have a few different novel ideas and I can't decide which one.

The first choice is a rewrite of the first novel in a three part series I'm working on.
    Now that Kaylin has finished and graduated from college, she decides to move across the country with her best friend James. The town is type of town where everyone knows everyone and everything and secrets aren’t an option. The town is turned upside down when people start getting murdered by an unknown source. Kaylin feels that it’s up to her to put her life, and the life of those around her in danger just to get to the bottom of it.

The second is an idea I've been working with for a few months.
    You should never have to go through the type of pain that the Ross's have had to deal with.
    Tristan Ross was only back for a short time to bury his brother and help his family deal with the devastating pain of losing a family member.
    Sadie Caxton was the best friend to the deceased and to the twin, Lucy. She was only there to help her best friend and her family deal with the pain of losing someone.
    Sadie and Tristan both have devastating pasts, they both have secrets. Falling for each other could end up being the worst thing for each other, or the best.

And the third is to come up with an entirely new idea in the next month.

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Contributing Member Reviewer Contributor

Being that you've done this five times you sound like more of an expert. :) I did it last year and I'm thinking of doing it again. Last year I chose an idea I was familiar with since I didn't know what I was getting into. I reformatted a screenplay I wrote into a book. Made the Nanowrite goal but it only ammounted to 100+ pages. Fun though.

This year I'm going to try writing a bunch of short stories. My agenda is to see how many I can get done because the idea's have been stockpiling in a folder for years.

Your ideas sound interesting ( I love the small-town-where everyone-knows-everyone mysteries )but I would find the second one hard to write. Grief and trying to keep up with a word count - for me- that would be really tough. The rewrite might be a little too easy but more satisfying if you had plans for it - self publishing or sending it off to a standard publisher. But if you're up for something more daring trying something new can be exhilarating. Typical me, I'm arguing all sides.