Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Native American & Oil Company Dispute

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Link the Writer, Sep 7, 2016.

OK, so I haven't been watching the news carefully, but even I've been hearing recently that there's a feud between a Native American tribe against a drilling/oil company who wants land the Native Americans say are sacred. I thought the feud had died out until I happened to stumble upon a video by The Young Turks (a political commentary series) discussing some members from the Native American side chaining themselves to machinery to protest the drilling. And apparently attack dogs were let loose on the protestors.

I'm now confused: is this still going on? Did any of that really happen or is it all fabrication by The Young Turks (the chaining themselves up/attack dog bits)? If this is still going on, do you think the news is covering this enough, or not enough? How did this all get started?

2. Earp

Earp Active Member

It's apparently still happening. I think the whole 'sacred land' thing is such a crock I don't really know how to approach it. 'Sacred burial lands'? Here's a clue: those people who were buried there aren't there any more. That land is dirt, nothing more. It looks like Hawaii might not be getting the new large telescope because of this sort of alleged superstitious n0nsense, which in many cases can apparently be assuaged by large monetary contributions to the protesting 'Native' organizations. Just one more long con.

3. Earp

Earp Active Member

If it's the same protest, Presidential candidate Jill Stein faces criminal charges for vandalizing a bulldozer. Oops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.