Natural Drama

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ribcracker, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Truth? What do you know of truth?

'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.' -- Keats :cool:

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

don't know where you got that idea, minstrel... I'm doing nothing of the sort... merely referring to the balance of animal/vegetable/mineral, which is a demonstrable fact and noting homo sapiens sapiens' physiological 'design' as being that of a vegetarian species [i.e., with flat teeth like cows, deer and horses, so-called 'canines' meant only to strip open stalks for the pith and an appendix for digesting seeds], despite its having strayed into the carnivore camp at some point...

nothing whatsoever to do with any 'value' attributed to any particular species/lives...

3. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Honestly, I really feel sorry for you. You can only imagine a world that is populated by the same type of people as you. That world sounds horrible.

Contrary to what you believe, I am perfectly rational, logical and intelligent. I'm also smart enough to respect people who believe differently than me and I don't veil my apologies in a swell of insults and vitriol.

I hope one day you will learn to respect beliefs other than your own and you are able to understand that your belief is just that, a belief and the beauty of humanity is in our coming together in spite of our differences.

"We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams."
    - Jimmy Carter​

Archias and Andrae Smith like this.
  4. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

Critical thinking means understanding and respecting other views and opinions. At this point, JJ_Max is thinking more critically than you are.

GoldenGhost and JJ_Maxx like this.
  5. Ribcracker

Ribcracker Member

Okay, enough. This lunge and parry has gotten tedious. I seem to be beating my head against a wall and that accomplishes nothing. Obviously, this conversation has come to it's natural culmination and there's nothing left to say that might make a difference.

This has been a rare opportunity for me to present my thoughts on this subject and you've been fairly patient.

I know that the 'twain cannot meet since parallel lines never do cross over. I can accept that. And apparently, so can you.
    Thanks, all,
    Bud

6. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

To be fair, @Ribcracker merely expressed his opinion the same way @JJ_Maxx did.

7. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Yeah, except my opinion didn't involve me claiming my family would be safer and the world would be better if he wasn't in it. Little bit of a difference.

8. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Please, people, don't take the bait. This started as an interesting and useful thread, and I don't want it to turn into another religion-vs-atheism argument. How many good threads have gone up in flames because of that?

Peace!

GoldenGhost, Cogito and Andrae Smith like this.