1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

navigation still a major pain

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mammamaia, Jun 16, 2012.

why can't anything be done about our not being able to go back to the 'community' menu from a section, without having to hit the back arrow many times, or giving up and clicking on 'community' [which loses your place in the menu]?

and even when i do that, i too often get a notice saying the page can't be accessed...

i think someone said it was caused by the ads, but what good does it do to fund the site with so many ads, if we lose members due to not being able to use the site easily?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I don't understand. How are you trying to return to the Community (Page?, Menu?), and what happens when you try it?

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'd always just hit the back arrow button on my browser, to return from a section to the major section menu page... and it always worked here with just one click, as it does on all the other sites i go to... until the major changes were made to the site some months ago... since then, i either have to click it several times, or hit the 'community' hyperlink just above the ad that appears atop the 'reply to thread' button... and even when i do that, sometimes i'll get the 'this program cannot display the webpage' notice and i have to go back and try again...

the odd thing is that i can usually go back easily enough from a thread, to the section menu page, but not from the section menu page to the 'community' menu page...

i also get that notice a lot when i try to go to a thread, from the thread menu page...

it's driving me crazy... and if i weren't such a loyal member who loves this site more than any other, i'd have quit it long ago, as this is very frustrating and time-wasting...

this doesn't happen on the other two writing sites i post on daily [critiquecircle; writersdigest], or any other site i go to on the web, so it can't be just my computer...