1. Reege

Reege New Member

Necessary Evils

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Reege, Sep 19, 2016.

I'm trying to come up with a few ideas to choose from for a storyline, but I am struggling for options.

What are some crimes that a person might commit for a good reason?

For example:
    Someone kills a person attacking their friend. They've taken a person's life but for a justifiable purpose.

2. NoGoodNobu

NoGoodNobu Senior Member

I think it's less of specific "justifiable crimes" and more how a lot of crimes contextually can be justified.

Was it an act of protection or preservation (for the individual or others)? Was it to meet the essentials of survival: food, water, shelter? Did it prevent or redirect an attack that could cause physical or psychological harm?

Arsen may be justified if he burnt down a bureaucrats office that filed material used for leverage or blackmail of good members of the city into cooperation they did not want to give

Shooting up a mob den could be a preemptive strike when there's word that said gang is intended to teach your family or someone's a lesson by annihilating them

You can shatter a store window to call attention off a minority the cops are harassing or assaulting

Stealing food to eat or harboring a fugitive that is on the brink

The crimes specifically aren't "justifiable" but contextually you can make wrong actions be for the right reasons

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  3. Nicola

Nicola Member

A crime of passion may be a reason and gives the reader the added lust/love element which is popular