1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Steampunk theme park in France!

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by GingerCoffee, May 16, 2013.

That's what it looks like anyway. :D

Giant mechanical animals stalk French theme park
    Play the video, it's a tad slow but you see all kinds of Steampunk designs with a tiny bit of Burning Man at the end.

I could have put this in the Lounge so if it needs to be moved, so be it. But I get a lot of my ideas for setting and weird animals from images on the Net and this seemed to fit that idea.

2. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Great link, thank you Ginger. I adore steampunk art and stuff in general, I enjoyed watching and will visit at the earliest opportunity. So cool, especially the elephant!

3. Aprella

Aprella Member

That's so cool :O
    France isn't so far from here...

4. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

You might reconsider going to France just for that.
    Their racism, bigotry, misogyny and misonthrapy and homophobia is quite a put off.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

your unfair and untrue charges are 'quite a put off' for me... i'd have a hard time putting much stock in anything you have to say after that, dag...

i've been to france too many times to count, lived in poitiers for nearly a year and saw none of that... your unhappy experience does not reflect the entire population of france, nor even the majority, though you may have experienced those behaviors here and there... the same can be said of any country, basing one's opinion on a certain region, or town, or neighborhood...

sadly, your post ruined the joyful feeling that video generated in me and made me forget all the wonderful things i was going to say about it and the inspired french folks who created such a wonderment...

6. BritInFrance

BritInFrance Active Member

Maia, perhaps Dagolas was responding to the recent reporting of the most and least tolerant countries of the world in the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/05/15/a-fascinating-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-racially-tolerant-countries/): in referring to Europe it said "France appeared to be one of the least racially tolerant countries on the continent, with 22.7 percent saying they didn’t want a neighbor of another race."

Unfortunately, I have a black british friend who has told me she will never come to France again because when she did come people made monkey noises behind her back.

The national front here is strong (it is growing in the UK as well, with the rise of UKIP).

But, Dagolas' post was ill-thought-out: just as not everyone in the UK is a Euro-sceptic, not all the french are bigots or racists (and I know quite a few of us Brits who don't wear bowler hats, and have at least one French friend who hates garlic. The world has gone mad).