1. Aryan

Aryan New Member

Need Help Completing My Script!

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Aryan, Apr 29, 2009.

I've been writing a script for a home made movie that will star a few of my family members and friends... Its nothing fancy, though. I'm sure there are a million movies with a script similar to this one but nevermind its just for entertainment. :)

The story is about a rich girl who's cat is lost, so she gets it printed all over the town that whoever finds the cat gets an offer of a huge amount of money. So there are two sisters who manage to find the cat and when they arrive at the girl's mansion, they find her dead. So the police arrives and a detective arrives to investigate. Then the rich girl's best friend appears in the scene so now there are 4 suspects, the two sisters, the friend and the mansion's cooker.

Now I've been facing problems writing the climax/conslusion. I had two thoughts of it, one that one of the suspects turns out to be the killer, second is that the rich girl is not dead but they all think she's dead and they find her alive at the end, third is that nobody killed the girl and it was only an accident.

I hope somebody can help me complete the story or give me some suggestions. I want to do the something that will hook the viewers. :)

2. arron89

arron89 Banned

ugh don't make her actually alive, thats as bad as an "it was all a dream" ending...same goes for the accident ending...that only works if the mystery is incidental to your story and you're really focussing on other things....no, one of your suspects must be the killer. the question is, which one? *cue dramatic music*

3. Aryan

Aryan New Member

Lol I thought those would be bad as well, but I'm having problems putting in reasons of who and why that person killed her 'coz the description of each character wouldn't fit for a killer.

Two sisters, the older sister is a serious girl and nerd-looking while the other one is stylish yet stupid.

The rich girl's friend would be a dumb blonde.

The cook would be a silent man.

If I put the cook as the killer, it would be obvious as he is silent and mysterious. And the two sisters are not related to the girl so viewers will not suspect them. I think viewers would only suspect the dumb blonde or the cook.

4. Castlesofsand

Castlesofsand Banned

you could have the parents of the rich girl set up the reward because the cat is the one thing their daughter loved and so wanted it to remember, and then when the girls bring in the cat a phone call or police tells them that the cat killed their daughter

hard to say

5. architectus

architectus Banned

First think of modivations for each character. Find a reason why they might kill. What would drive them to kill?

Just remember to carefully drop hints so that when the killer is revealed it doesn't fall flat.

6. Dcoin

Dcoin New Member

My vote is that the cat killed her.

7. Aryan

Aryan New Member

Yeah it sounds good, but how would a cat kill a girl? I was thinking of that too, but I have no idea how to do it.

Maybe something like the cat scratches the girl when she's carrying it on the stairs and the girl falls from the stairs and dies?

Thanks for the suggestion, that's a really good idea. :)

8. Aryan

Aryan New Member

OK I've been thinking about it and I asked my sis what she thinks.. So this is what I came up with (also following architectus's suggestion):

After the two girls deliver the cat, the get a call from the police. One of the sisters forgets her mobile at the house and the police calls the last number called on the mobile, and they call the other sister. So when they arrive they are suspected to have killed her since they are her last visitors. While the dumb blonde, pretends to feel sad about the girl's death and also pretends to be her friend, but they later discover she's actually her enemy so now she's another suspect.

As for the girl getting killed, I thought of it and I think it could be this way that she carries the cat while she's going upstairs and cat scratches her which makes the girl panic and fall all down the stairs till she dies. It might sound nonsense, but I want this to be a wacky comedy and if someone killed her it would be serious.

I'm now thinking how to make the cook a suspect, I thought that he sees her body and hides it somewhere since he's afraid of being suspected as he's the only one at home during that time. But that's not possible if the police could find the body immidiately, what do you think guys? Any idea?

9. christian4lifeks

christian4lifeks New Member

dont make her come alive again it sounds to out of this world but make it sorta dramatic
    example:
    after the girls give her back her cat and they got the reward a explosion goes off in the house as they start down the drive way and the girl is dead
    just a sugestion so it seems like it could happen the girl isnt god she cant rise from the dead and it cant really be anyone elz investigators dont make that drastic of mistakes a lot ulez they r dumb
    ps
    these r just sugestions or what i might do

10. Aryan

Aryan New Member

Yeah I'm not doing that anymore... The explosion idea is nice, but I can't do that since it requires more than what I can afford lol. Is the idea of the cat killing the girl a good one? :)