Tags:
  1. hrdoyle3

hrdoyle3 New Member

Need help with a Name

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by hrdoyle3, Aug 14, 2012.

I am writing a short story and need help coming up with a name for a female character in the story.

She is very attractive, long brown hair, big blue eyes.
    She is very ellusive and mysterious. does not reveal too much about herself.
    She is wealthy

The MC is a street musician who falls for her. everytime he is with her she disappears and he sets out to find her.

Any name suggestions would be amazing!!! :)

2. captain kate

captain kate Senior Member

Just throw a couple together in any order. I'm listening to True Lies and Tia Carrera's character is named "Juno Skinner." Now that doesn't necessarily ring as a woman's name to me. But there are several names which can be both men's and women's names.

Lindsay/Lindsey
    Marion
    Billie/Billy

just go through a google listing of popular girl baby names and look up common last names of whatever you want it to sound like. There's plenty out there.

3. fwc577

fwc577 New Member

If you have the money, Scrivener has an amazing name generator built into it. Lets you select different ethnic names for a first and last name then it randomizes them and their name database is huge.

4. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

I'd say just start going down name lists online and see if anything strikes your fancy, regardless of the meaning behind it (or maybe because of).

Of course, considering her wealth, mystery, and attractiveness, she could fit the Batwoman role if she's into fighting crime, too.

5. ArtWander

ArtWander New Member

Celine. Not sure why it popped into my head when I read the description of your female protagonist, but there it is :)

6. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Cara, Marissa, Simone, Hollyn , Helene, Laura , Sadie.

7. Krystle Robison

Krystle Robison New Member

baby names sites and books have been my friend since i started writing theres even a site where you can put in a meaning and it will find the a name with that meaning for you

8. webghoul

webghoul New Member

I'm not good at naming my characters when I write too. An idea, though, you can come up with the name of your character basing on her distinguished characteristic. so if she's mysterious and rich, you can have it as Misty Bill. :D LOL I'm not making any sense, am I? :)v

9. greenduckish

greenduckish New Member

Myra? like the little girl's name from Golden Compass?
    It's distinguished, yet... mysterious? I donno. I love the name.

10. luna claire

luna claire Member

Olivia, Rosalind, Arabella, Remy, Elizabeth, Cassandra, Diana, Artemis, Iris, Lillian, Josylen, Thomasina, Christiana, Constance, Isabelle/Isabel, Evangeline, Vera, Snowden (I heard that one somewhere), Clarissa, Melanie, Celeste, Cressida, Claire, Mariah, Amara, Megan, Georgiana, Annabelle, Abigail, Marissa, Vanessa, Twyla, Athena, Sapphira, Mina, Eleanor, Leona, Helen/ Helena, Katherine, Blythe, Nora, Regina, Regan, Rowena, Edwina, Lara, Serena, Tabitha, Bridget/Brigitte or Alicia.

You could also use place names (Geneva, Andorra, Bristol, Paris, India, ect) or name her after currency (Lira is the currency of Malta, Tala is from Samoa, ect) or use last names (Madison, Bellamie, Spencer, Perry, Sullivan, Connor, Fiora, Kennedy, ect).

I sometimes toy with giving a boy's name to a girl. Aiden/Aidan, Seth, Simon, ect or the unisex type names: Cameron, Taylor, Andy, Andre, Adrian, Carter, ect.
    Just some suggestions. Good luck. :)