Tags:
  1. Megs

Megs New Member

Need help with a title

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Megs, Sep 25, 2007.

I have a new story I'm starting and I need ideas for the title. That's always been one of my problems, I can think of an idea but then I can't think of a title. I put the summary of the story in my blog but I'll post it again:

Adam and Elisabeth have been best friends for as long as they can remember. They were inseparable; they went to school and Church together. But when Adam moved away from Milford Ohio where they’d grown up together they lost touch with each other. But what happens when their freshman year of high school approaches and Adam moves back to Milford? Will they be able to rekindle the friendship they had and help each other deal with the struggles of high school while still holding onto their Christian beliefs?

So any suggestions? I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you don't have to have a title before you write the piece... many times, the best title will occur to you as you write it, or even when you get to the end... why do you think you have to have one now?... just go with a 'working title' or 'untitled' till a good one makes itself known to you...

3. Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny Contributing Member

Just start with a working title. "Adam and Elizabeth" sounds fine.

4. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

A lot of my un completed novels.. A LOT! I just title them with the main character. Otherwise I tend to have the title in my head.

Or you could go with.. Rekindling Faith? I had something better but it flew out my head! Try bouncing titles around. Write them down, Rekindling beliefs, Friendships Faith.. I know, lame ideas but just jot down words, swap them around.

I read an interview the other week explaining that titles can be anything really. They just need to grab the readers attention.

5. wordweaver

wordweaver Member

I agree with the above replies. Sometimes I write with a "working" title, and the one I end up using just comes to me as I'm writing. More often than not, even part of a phrase in the story makes an excellent title.

I'm usually pretty good at titles, but without actually reading the piece I can't be of much help. Do you have it posted somewhere, or is it still a WOP?

WW

6. Megs

Megs New Member

I'm usually pretty good at titles, but without actually reading the piece I can't be of much help. Do you have it posted somewhere, or is it still a WOP?

WW[/QUOTE]

It's still a work in progress but how about as soon as I get it posted I PM you??

7. wordweaver

wordweaver Member

Sounds good, Megs. I'd love to take a look for you. Hopefully I can help.