1. Gold Ninja Drive

Gold Ninja Drive New Member

[Nervousness Intensifies]

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gold Ninja Drive, Feb 16, 2016.

So... hi. I'm new here. Obviously.

I'm not a big forum person, or a talking to people person for that matter, so this is all new territory for me. I mostly created this account to try and talk to others and get some of my ideas out. I'm not exactly a writer, but I seem to come up with story ideas, plots, events, etc. pretty easily. I want to be able to write these things down, doesn't matter the format really, but every time I actually manage to work up the effort and open some kind of word processor, my mind goes completely blank. I know where I want to go, what I want to say, but I just can't seem to translate that from thoughts to typing. Even now I'm struggling to put my intentions down into this post, which is starting to seem like just a ramble-y paragraph going every which way. I figured that if I had someone to relate these ideas to, even if it's just words posted from a stranger, that it would be easier. So I found this writing forum and decided to make an account.

Hopefully I'll be able to stay focused enough to actually accomplish something with this endeavor.

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

[Writerness connects]

Loads of us struggle with staring at a blank sheet of paper. Before I begin a novel I create a spreadsheet with the chapter numbers and a very short description of the main thing that happens in it. When I begin each chapter I paste that sentence in so I have SOMETHING written down, even if it's literally one or two lines. Might work for you in whichever form you decide to work in?

What kind of stories do you like to write? I'm sure you'll find a brainstorming buddy or two.

3. Gold Ninja Drive

Gold Ninja Drive New Member

Well... most of the ideas I end up coming up with are usually Fantasy/Sci-Fi stuff. You know; superpowers, heroes, other worlds, magic, advanced technology, crazy characters, etc. Lately I've been trying to come up with more "down to earth" premises, but I usually end up trying to add some fantastical element to it anyway.

4. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Yep, you're at home here. Maybe 90% of regular posters write fantasy and/or sci-fi. :)

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome!

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Sounds like you'll fit right in. I hope you'll stick around! :)

-Kat