1. Shizai Ko

Shizai Ko New Member

New Age Sanctuary Plots

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Shizai Ko, May 30, 2008.

I'm writing a story about a young college man named Andrew. He meets another young man, who has an assumed name. In the process of connecting the true identity of this other man, the disappearance of several people over the years, and a recent prison break, Andrew begins to fall in love with the stranger. But the more Andrew involves himself with this stranger, the more his life is changed, disrupted, and strange. Also in the process, Andrew has to confront his feelings with his family and friends. Yet all of what was described is only a distraction to the one and true plot that will gradually reveal itself.

In the end, the stranger(who real name is Shar) and Andrew will be slit under the pressures of Shar's destiny. This destiny is implied by Andrew to be greater than their relationship that was developed through the 'detouring' plots. I want the reader/audience to think that this is a love story, but in reality it is about distraction, knowing ones self, and questioning belief systems.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Is there a question in this? A writing issue you are trying to solve?

3. Shizai Ko

Shizai Ko New Member

Sorry, I didn't finish. How do I make my character believable and relatable? I can uses this as a method to kinda mess with my audiences head especially with what the "moral of the story" is, and what Shar is really apart of.