1. Alesia

Alesia Pen names: AJ Connor, Carey Connolly Contributor

How To Customize Your WF Blog (Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Alesia, Apr 5, 2014.

On request from the mods, here is my tutorial on how to customize your blog in thread format :)

Recently, several people have asked me how to go about customizing their Writingforums.org blog. The process is quite simple really, and I've taken the liberty of creating an easy four step tutorial on the process.

1.) Go to "BLOGS" on the menu bar at the top of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear with a number of options. Click "MY BLOG."

[​IMG]

2.) In the upper right hand corner of the blog page is a button labeled "CUSTOMIZE BLOG." Click it.

[​IMG]

3.) There should be a symbol that looks somewhat like a giant "C" next to a button. There is one for each gadget. Click the one at the very top labeled "PAGE."

[​IMG]

4.) A box will appear containing numerous options for background color, border color, font size/style, and a blank box labeled "BACKGROUND URL." Simply choose a wallpaper sized image from any site (Google Images will work) then copy/paste the image url into that box and voila!

[​IMG]

Each gadget can be customized individually by using the same technique. Simply click the corresponding button and a similar options box will appear for each one. Just play around a little and see what suits your fancy!

Hope this helps! :)

-- AJ

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Thanks, AJ, I appreciate you doing this. I felt the time and detail you put into this was worth a sticky and a viewing in the regular forum. It's nice to have at least a small part of the forum be able to visually as well as verbally reflect the member's individuality. :) We'll leave it here for a while and than move it to Announcements with the other FAQ oriented threads that are stickied.

Alesia likes this.
  3. superllama

superllama New Member

does this work anymore? because either i am stupid and can't find that info on my blog page thingy or it's been changed. either way, an answer would be appreciated.

4. Wreybies

Well, let's see... To ensure we don't miss any steps, let us start from the very beginning. Do you have the customize blog button available?

[​IMG]

5. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I didn't even know we had our own blogs linked to the profile! I just posted my first entry to see how it works, and I don't have the customize blog button available myself.

6. Wreybies

Ok, so... yes. I just did a small experiment with my dummy account and it appears that the ability to customize one's blog doesn't kick in to gear until a member reaches Senior Member status.

7. superllama

superllama New Member

oh ok! good to know that for once, it wasn't me! i'll wait for that status then...

8. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

It might also be worth mentioning that you seem to need at least one blog entry before the "Customise blog" option shows up.