Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Announcement New Contest Admin Volunteer Needed

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Archives' started by GingerCoffee, Jun 5, 2016.

Some forum members have expressed dissatisfaction with the short story contest. It's time for new blood.

It takes one to two hours every couple weeks, not bad. If you're interested, post in this thread and the mods can make the switch.

2. dbesim

dbesim Contributing Member

Does that mean you're resigning from your role as administrator or that two people will be doing it? I hope you're not resigning, you've been wonderful.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  3. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributing Member Contributor

I might be interested. How much leniency would there be to make changes? For example, would I be able to change word count limit and frequency of the contest?

LinnyV likes this.
  4. DeadMoon

DeadMoon Contributing Member Contributor

I always thought you did a great job, I know I have been lacking, really lacking in participating in the contests but when I did there was nothing wrong with how it was ran.

5. GingerCoffee

We run the contest by consensus. That will be between you and the other contest admins and the mods.

The contest would likely be changing whether I stayed or not. For the record, I am not and never was against changes. What I have trouble with is people who have nothing invested in the contest think if it met their needs it would meet the needs of all. The fact there is enthusiasm for the contest has been ignored and conflated with the lack of interest in voting.

Fernando.C and rem like this.
  6. GingerCoffee

Thank you. I don't think I've been accused of not running it well. I reacted angrily to the person who trashed the contest and the entires and given more than a few others agreed with the sentiments the contest deserved being trashed, I see no reason to continue as administrator.

7. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributing Member Contributor

Why are you taking this so personally? Everything has to change at some point or another. If everything simply stayed the same, there would never be progress. This is just another one of those things. As you said, no one was accusing you of not running it well, so your reaction to these criticisms just seems unnecessary.

srlekhak, BayView and LinnyV like this.
  8. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

There is no need to search at the moment for a contest admin for the Short Story contest. Given that the topic of contest formats is under discussion, with Daniel taking ownership of that particular topic, I myself will run the Short Story contest and the Flash Fiction contest until the matter is settled. The contest admin for the Flash Fiction also recently gave notice for reasons other than the current conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.