1. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Promote Your Book or Writing Service On Forum Banners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Daniel, Mar 28, 2014.

You can now advertise your book or writing-related service on banner locations throughout the forum. This new feature is based on a suggestion in the server fundraising thread.

Third-party organizations have separate advertising options and must contact me via email for rates and other information. However, members of the community have a more integrated option, where you can promote your book or writing-related service easier and at a discounted rate.

This option is available for established members of the community, and approval is subjected to the discretion of the site administration. This can include books, blogs, websites, freelance services, editing services, web design and hosting, book promotion, book cover design, and others.

From the Promotional FAQ:

There is an Advertising Manager in your profile where you can pay for and submit an ad for approval. Contact me for any questions. Here is a tutorial for using the Ad Manager and submitting your ad.

The first members to use this option can purchase it at a discounted rate; contact me for the discount. You can purchase a specific number of impressions or keep your ad online for a number of days.

Questions? Suggestions for improvement? This is a new feature and hasn't been extensively tested, so expect a few hiccups along the way. Thanks guys!

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

This is excellent news but will it be expensive?

3. Daniel

Define expensive?

It'll be cheaper than if you're a company trying to buy ad space. It'll also be cheaper for the first month or so. Prices will probably be set based upon demand. I'm fine with cutting discounts for members of the forum though, and rates will probably overall be below the market rate for ad space.

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Ahemmm... that's a tad evasive.

Give me a ball park, I don't plan to publish for a few more months but I'm getting closer. What would it cost me to advertise my book for sale?

Thomas Kitchen likes this.
  5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'd also like to have at least a rough idea of the least/most it will cost...

6. Daniel

I've updated the available locations and pricing, and have added a FAQ item for the member promotional system's pricing, ad locations, and options.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  7. Daniel

@GingerCoffee @mammamaia Sorry for disappearing on this one, the system was probably launched premature. I've added the pricing to the new FAQ page (linked above) if you'd like to take a look. Your thoughts are welcome.