1. Albeit

Albeit Active Member

Glad I found this place

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Albeit, Sep 1, 2016.

Hello,

After a month or so of reading threads, randomly sifting through posts in an attempt to get an overall feel for this huge forum, I believe that I am ready to sign on via a first post.

Principle intention - wish to learn and contribute and find people who are similarly afflicted by the need to express oneself in a more public way. This would be the best way to describe the primary drive for joining.

Background - My first language was French, but as a 5 year old I was sent across the street to an English school. So I think in English, but largely feel things in French. I am not sure what this has done to me, but I thought I should mention it.

I very much like the fact that this forum seems to have members from quite a few countries, and what seems to tie them together is the desire to write and exchange ideas. That is another reason I wanted to join such a place.

That is all I wanted to say in this first post insofar as a personal introduction to your forum is concerned. I will go back to reading stories, threads and random posts for now, always looking for something that prompts me to contribute in order to help define my participation.

Thanks & Merci.

Alexandre

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    zoupskim and matwoolf like this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Alexandre, and welcome to the forum. :)

Indeed, we are an international bunch! :D Writing (esp. in English) seems to be very much the thing that glues us together, and I have to say for an EFL speaker like myself, this forum has been godsend. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.

See you around!

-Kat

3. Albeit

Albeit Active Member

Thanks for the welcome Kat, it is appreciated.

Writing (and thinking) in English is pretty much what I have always done, hence all good to go.

Have diligently read the forum rules prior to creating a profile. Also spend some time with the new member's guide since it was automatically sent as a message when I decided to create a profile.

Also, I have been reading lots of what has been posted recently, and it goes without saying that one can only manage to skim the enormous amounts of perspectives and styles laid out here, given normal time constraints and such.

A wealth of writing nonetheless. I will attempt to add to the pot.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016