Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Rocket 2

Justin Rocket 2 Contributing Member

New Hampshire wtf?

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Justin Rocket 2, Aug 17, 2016.

I just learned that, with parental permission, a girl as young as thirteen can get married in New Hampshire.

Seriously? The state with the most disgusting marriage law is one of the least expected states?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

New Hampshire! Quit thinkin' you can just take whatever Deep South stereotype as you please for your own! Check yo privileges. :p

Seriously, this is... What were they thinking??

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll Bite the bullet, do your own thing. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I might be corrected on this, but in Japan they have a weird law where it is ok for 13 to 17 year olds can fool around and it is legal. Then again Asians are kinda strange in general, but they are still neat and nice people as a whole.

But yeah I think 13 is way too young to get married, considering the legal age to sign a contract is 18. And a Marriage License is technically a contract by law. At least in the states where Marijuana is legal for everyone, the age is 21 just like buying alcohol. Well Pedos will be flocking to New Hampshire to get their young brides. Truly a sick and sad day in modern history.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

I was googling this but couldn't find any clause that'd prevent, say, a 60yo guy marrying a 13yo girl. :confuzled::blech:

Sure, you'll need the parents' consent if the girl is between 13-17yo, but still, wtf? It'd be more logical the age for marriage would be the same as the age of consent because usually sex or procreation are a part of marriage.

Like, if the age of consent in the state is 16, the age you can legally marry would also be 16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.