1. TheIllustratedMan

TheIllustratedMan Active Member

Fine. I'll join the cool kids.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheIllustratedMan, Jan 20, 2009.

Hi, I'm Nate. I've been trying to avoid Cogito's obligatory new-user-post, but I'm a little bored and I figured I would go ahead and introduce myself. I'm no longer in school or university, so I work full-time and am starting my life. I'm getting married this October, so that's exciting!
    I tend to get into ruts. For the past two years or so I have been working overnights, which has left me with no life other than work and some time spent with family here and there. My fiance is pretty much my only friend at this point. However! I'm going back on days, headed for a promotion, and should start having a life again. In the spirit of coming out of my life-hiatus, I've decided to start writing again, and that I need some structure to give myself a kick in the arse. Hence, I found this site. Yay!
    I have been playing ARGs, and I play a forum RPG, so I have been informally writing pretty consistently, but it's not quite the same. I'm hoping that this community will give me the booster shot that I need and motivate me to actually do something good again. It's working already: I sat down and churned out a story for the last contest. Not the greatest thing in the world, but at least it flowed, and I didn't get caught in the trap that I usually do, where I over-revise each paragraph as I write it, and end up losing track of the story.

OK, so I'm also a ranter. Sorry for the depressivity, even though there's an undertone of hope and new beginnings. I'm looking forward to integrating myself into the community, and working with all of you to make us all better.

-done-

2. Aristocrazy

Aristocrazy New Member

ya I tried to dodge it too but what can ya do!?!?!?!?!

as far as the rant, I've got the gun if you buy the bullet!

lol, take care man~ looking forward to checking out your jazz!

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello, Nate, Welcome to the Writing Forums, yada yada yada (since you have already seen it).

4. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

Welcome, TIM. Good luck with your writing.

5. TheIllustratedMan

Thanks guys. A special thanks to Cogito for being brief. :-D
    Now I just need to actually write something. :p

6. Mcarpenter

Mcarpenter New Member

Hi Nate,

We've met, but I wanted to officially say hi. You seem pretty cool and you've had some great advice for me in the general fiction, short story board.

Congratulations on your engagement! Good luck making friends...:rolleyes: I recommend finding 'couple' friends to hang out with--so much easier that way. Priceless good times ahead!

7. TheIllustratedMan

Thanks Michele.
    It's really not so much a matter of making friends, more re-making friends. Working overnights doesn't lend much opportunity for spending time with anyone, but now that I'm back on days I can catch up with some people.
    Hopefully you can review something for me soon. A couple/few ideas are bouncing around, I just need one to hop out of the pan for me.

8. Jack

Jack New Member

Hey TheIllustratedMan! Welcome to the WF!

Same with me... I frequently over-revise my paragraphs ( but It’s a good thing though). Revisions are very handy, especially for catching unwanted mistakes (SPAG).

Nice to meet you!
    - Jack