Is this a good idea????

1. Yes!

66.7%
  2. No.

33.3%
  1. TechnicolorStreptoccocus

TechnicolorStreptoccocus New Member

New idea! Anyone want in??

Discussion in 'Writing Prompts' started by TechnicolorStreptoccocus, Aug 19, 2013.

Hey guys!! Today I thought of an amazing idea, and I was wondering if any of you think its good. If so, just post a reply to this thread and let me know. I was thinking that us, as a forum, could write a novel together. It would just be something, where if you think of a part to the story you would like to add then you could write it and put it in the thread. I think the best way to do this would be in an unconventional manner, such as instead of having a book with a typical plot line that runs from point A to point B, we could have it more of a collection of stories, all tied together by one common factor. Kind of like a TV show series. The book is the series, ans each different part that someone writes is an episode. Some ideas for what the book will be about (that I have thought of) include a man's funeral, where each part is written from the perspective of a different person at the funeral. Each part can tell a story that was shared between the dead man and the narrator. Or a time traveler, and each story tells of a different place and time, sort of like Doctor Who. Also, we could do a man who is being studied by scientist, and the scientists are studying the effects of dreams within a single night. And each part is a new dream that someone could write about. If you like the idea, like I said post a reply bellow. And if enough people like the idea, I'll post a thread to figure out what the overlying story line will be. Thanks for reading!
    -TechnicolorStreptoccocus

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's been tried before, naby times. It makes an amusing word game, n0thing more.

3. darkwolf131

darkwolf131 New Member

I'll play. Even if it is an amusing word game, I'm down with amusing word games :)

4. Sriliko

Sriliko Member

Ide give it a shot too. Sounds like it could be fun. Really like the dream Idea.

5. HarleyQ.

HarleyQ. Just a Little Pit Bull (female)

It does sound like fun. I'd like to join as well.

6. Dean Stride

Dean Stride Contributing Member

I'll bite, though I've tried it before and it failed miserably. Most people's style of writing is too different for such a collaboration to work, which is why you won't see many collaborative works outside non-fiction.

7. Louge

Louge New Member

I'll give it a go.

8. Ghost Cat

Ghost Cat Member

I like novels, collaborations, word games, and have always had a tendency towards things that don't work out (that, not being a goal, just responding to another's post.)

So yippity yippity yeah and why not?

9. cqa1

cqa1 New Member

Isn't that roleplaying is here?

Keitsumah likes this.
  10. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributing Member Contributor

This sounds like a good idea. I can foresee some real difficulties though, that need to be guarded against. It would be a pity if all we ended up with was a hotchpotch of different stories that contradicted each other.

11. Inkwell1

Inkwell1 Active Member

Sure! I'd be happy to give it a shot.

12. kittie_pie

kittie_pie Member

This could work really well with the funeral idea. Each person writes in first person, that way the different writing styles make sense. I would totally try this out! Count me in.

13. Pelion

Pelion New Member

WELL...if it ever hits the ground running, i'd like to sprint with it.
    I'm in.

14. MLM

MLM Banned for trolling

Seems like a good idea. I'll start:

"One day I was driving on the highway. I was on my way home from the Raffi concert. It was midnight and I was going 20 miles under the speed limit with my headlights off so I would be inconspicuous. The only light in my vehicle was the butt of my comically over-sized doobie. Amazingly, a cop pulled me over! When he asked me to roll down my window, I took a huge drag, held my breath for 10 minutes, then blew the smoke in his face so hard his hat was swept off! I then drove off and he didn't bother chasing me because I was the coolest person he'd ever met! Suddenly I remembered that Raffi had stopped touring and I woke from my dream, noticing a time traveler."