1. dylan565

dylan565 New Member

Hi there! Leo from Italy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dylan565, Jul 4, 2016.

hello everyone in the forum,
    I m Leo, from Italy, willing to start writing short stories.
    Maybe is not the best way to introduce myself but I would like to ask you all a very important topic for me...I have a not-so-bad level of English and I would like start writing short stories in English… I should start saying I don’t live in a country where I’m surrounded by English native speaking people, even though I use English sometimes for job..... but I'm willing to do it because I think is a better way to share opinions and works with other people on internet (and also because I love English, of course!).
    I know I need time to reach a level of English that allow me to write at least a decent story, I'm not even good to write in Italian maybe:D,
    and I know I will hardly get the confidence I can reach writing in my native language but I really would like to do that.
    It seems too crazy?
    And btw sorry for my english :D

bonijean2 likes this.
  2. Brindy

Brindy Senior Member

Ciao Leo, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will soon pick up lots of tips to improve your English as you look around this forum.

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Evening Leo! As Brindy says there's lots of things you can pick up here with such a wide range of people and opinions. Have fun!

4. Terrie000

Terrie000 Member

English not my first, but my third... and I'm on page 25 of my fantasy novel (it's going to be a looooooong one, I expect to work on this for a few years if I'm actually not dropping it... or several years if I am actually persistent enough)... it's been 9 months for me already... so you can see where this go... it could be more like a decade or 20 years before I'm done writing this book at my current rate -_- But I'm looking forward to share once I get privilege in a week or two later.

5. dylan565

dylan565 New Member

thanks to all for the replies.. I am convinced more to before to write something in English!
    @Terrie000 I'm not so ambitious to start with a novel but I think that write some short stories Is a good way for me to practice and improve the writing skills. Of course your example give me more confidence so thanks a lot for sharing your experience in writing

Terrie000 likes this.
  6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Dylan, and welcome to WF!

Oh I know the struggle... and it's real. :p I'm not a native speaker either, and, well, the learning curve is long and winded and sometimes seems to lead back to where I started... But it's still fun to write in the language you love. I'm not sure if I could even write fiction in my native tongue. It's just not the same. :D

Anyway, I blabber, so here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat

7. FireWater

FireWater Senior Member

Welcome! :)