1. Kohaneye

Kohaneye New Member

New Member, Novice Writer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kohaneye, Apr 11, 2016.

Hello everyone,

My name is Kohaneye however Koh is always welcomed as well. I have been writing since mid 2004. Despite my time writing I claim to be novice writer because for the many years I have been writing, it has not been my first hobby/passion/craft. After much of my young adult hood sped past me I am now at a point in my life where I'm searching for something a little more productive to spend my free time on. Much of my writing up until about 2014 has been forum based/video game based role play and various mini short stories up until now. Over the course of the past few years I have been working on a novel which at first started out as a "I just want to publish a book to say I did it" to more of a medium for my creative side to just flow.

Naturally all of the professional writers whom I know informed me getting involved in a group or forum as an excellent way to improve my writing skills and experience; and like many people, I imagine, I myself have been dreading exactly that because putting my work out to group of people whom I'm not familiar with has been a daunting task. Nevertheless the lower the risk, the lower is the reward and I presume largely the explanation why since 2014 my growth has been minimal.

With all that having been said I'm finally here. I'm looking forward to learning more about writing and I will especially be looking forward to the constructive critique portion of my membership largely because that will be a huge insecurity for me (giving feedback while still feeling like a novice).

I believe I have rambled on enough about me, I will be looking forward to writing with you all.

Koh*

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Koh! Welcome to the forum. :)

Sounds like you're on the right track. Indeed, sharing your work with strangers can be daunting, but it's going to be a great learning experience as well. After all, if you're hoping to publish one day, your work will be out there for anyone to read. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributing Member

Welcome! I'm at a similar stage to you, but a bit earlier. This is definitely going to be useful, and fun, experience for you!