Tags:
  1. Lucid_Dreamer

Lucid_Dreamer New Member

Thar Be A Newcomer Here!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lucid_Dreamer, Jun 15, 2016.

Hello everyone!! If I may start out by just saying, It is truly an honor and such an excitement to be apart of this WritingForum Community, alone I have read 3 stories here and they have pulled me in as if they were already published novels, this community practically seems like a family and I can't wait to meet all the members. Thank you so much for accepting me into your community.

Now, for a small little Bio on your newcomer Lucid_Dreamer. I'm not fully experienced in the world of writing but I have had experience. Currently, I am working on two Titles, I'm calling them short stories but with the way these worlds and characters become so in depth to me, it eventually passes the bounds of short stories, still, short stories is what I will call them whenever I begin to Post. I would really love to create an amazing world for others to immerse themselves into, oddly though, I wouldn't want to fully create this world myself, I would actually LOVE to collaborate with others or maybe even just someone on creating a story that will pull in you in so much it might as well be a black hole, I know you all have not had a chance to see my drafts and work but I hope that when you do, you can help me learn or even we can learn together. I'm so excited for this.

To give a brief statement, the type of setting i'm trying to create for an upcoming story is that of a dark world. A world that is beautiful in itself but not comforting to your new visitors.. I want it to be kind at moments but cruel constantly, I want to have moments of sweet serenity only to be crashed by such Tragedy. I love Science Fiction but I work well with blending the worlds of fiction with reality. Hopefully this has been a little bit to get you all started on what Lucid_Dreamer will be writing, Thank you all for this great opportunity and I look forward to our work and progress together.

- Lucid Dreamer

2. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

As a fellow suffer of world builders syndrome I say hello and welcome. There are people better at explaining the forums than me so I'll just say if you want anyone to look over the world you've made, send a message and I'll do my best.

3. David Monk

David Monk New Member

Hello Lucid,

I'm a newb here too, welcome!

4. DarkerStix

DarkerStix New Member

Hello there friend :D. I are mega noob. Hopefully I can read some of your work and learn a thing or two.

5. Lucid_Dreamer

Lucid_Dreamer New Member

To Halisme; I truly do thank you for welcoming me to this community, as said before I am truly excited, I laughed at how you described world builders syndrome because you obviously understand it so well lol, but I hope to fix that recurring issue with me and I feel this place will help me build on that, what type of writing do you do Halisme, and to David Monk; Thank you!! Thank you for the welcome and also welcome yourself!!! Thank you on joining the Writing Forum! I hope we can all really progress here!!

6. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

There's are quite a few people with it here as well. There's the setting development section here as well as the By Genre section which has some sci fi and fantasy under it.

I currently have one projects I'm currently working on. The first is a medieval/renaissance fantasy with the plot being a murder mystery. The other is a high fantasy comedy with and orc called Ug. He wants to be a hero and thinks he's a wizard. The first has a lot more world building done as the second is a bit more fast and loose.