1. hawky94

hawky94 Active Member

New sub-genre

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by hawky94, Oct 23, 2011.

Hey all!

I have a new idea for creating a new sub-genre for Short Stories and Novels (and others) in the Writing Workshop section... I'd like to see a "Military fiction" section, I don't know how popular that particular genre is around here, but I write and read military fiction and I can never find any threads on here pertaining strictly to that genre.

I'd like some feedback on this idea -- from any of you out there who also enjoy military fiction.

Thanks, hawky.

2. JGHunter

JGHunter Member

Hawky, I think military fiction could be really good if well written. Like Apocalypse Now?

3. hawky94

hawky94 Active Member

Yes, something like that. I know that if there was a genre for it, I'd be a lot happier and feel a lot more at ease when I'm critiquing and offering feedback, I really only write that particular genre (as well as poetry) and I've read a lot of that sort of stuff. Books like Bravo Two Zero and The Kill Zone. Authors such as Andy McNab, Chris Ryan, Terence Strong... Just something I'd like to see - a place for other writers like me who write MF to post their work and receive feedback from others.

Thanks for the feedback.

4. JGHunter

JGHunter Member

Yeah I'd support that idea if Those Who Are In Control see it fit.

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors. Founder Staff Contributor

I'm not entirely opposed to adding new sub-forums, but I am wary of it. I'm not sure there's enough interest to warrant a forum dedicated to "military fiction."

What you could do is create a poll for it. This won't guarantee it's addition, but it would help your case (if the results are strongly in it's favor).

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

tht thing is, if you create one for 'military' fiction, then you'd have to add subcategories for all the other kinds... wouldn't that get pretty unwieldy, site-wise?

daniel...
    i'm still getting 'this program cannot display the webpage' a lot, when i click on a thread... took me 6 tries to get this one open!