1. Zane

Zane New Member

Helloo

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Zane, Jul 24, 2010.

Hello everyone, i´ve registered to this site, because i want to improve my writing skills, wich i need to improve, i´m a teenager , 15 year old, and I want to really start writing, i have good ideas, but difficulty in arranging them into a story..

I hope to see if this site will be able to help me

byee :)

2. Donal

Donal New Member

Welcome Zane. Hope you enjoy your time on the fourm.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Zane, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Please read How to Use the Review Room before you post there. Posting your own writing for people to comment on should not be among the very first things you do here. It is worth taking the time to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

Also, be aware that posting a piece of writing on any public site, including this one, will greatly diminish your chances of selling it for publication. Removing the writing later does not alter that fact - once posted, it is irreversibly considered published. So do not post anything more than a small excerpt of any piece you are planning to submit for publication.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize constructive critique as a vital writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). Also, please use the same thread for all revisions and additional excerpts from the same piece of writing. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out the RPG forum for improvisational fiction. Also try our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. dogboon

dogboon New Member

Hi Dude

5. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hello Zane and welcome :)

6. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Hey!! I'm working on a novel right now and I can relate to your organizational struggles--I recently added a huge subplot to my novel, so now I have to rearrange a bunch of scenes and change the order of stuff I"ve written. It's a bit trying haha.

About me, I'm a college sophmore and I write horror/dystopia. Welcome to the boards.

It sounds like you're new to writing? Is this your first story? Good luck on it, if you want any tips or feedback feel free to PM me.

7. Zane

Zane New Member

Thank you all, for your time.

Yes this will be my first try to write a story, that is actually bigger than 20 pages :D, so I want to research, and see others ideas, to help me improve.

Cheers :)

8. write2breathe

write2breathe New Member

Welcome Zane & best of luck with your story.

~Bree

9. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Hey Zane

Good to meet you.

10. untalented311

untalented311 New Member

Hi, I'm Amanda, I'm sixteen, so I relate to your youth lol, and I am a positively mediocre author that writes a terrible clashing mix of young adult sci-fi romance, which are three things that absolutely do not go together.
    I'm sure that every writer started out completely disorganized. Welcome to the site! Message me when you post something aand I'll read it.=)
    Don't be afraid to post something (after you write two reviews that is), I posted two stories and got some positive feedback with a lot of constructive criticism that helped my writing immediately once they pointed out my mistakes. Good luck dude.

11. Donal

Donal New Member

Amanda why do you keep saying you are useless and terrible. Its such an awful thing to see. You KNOW that you are not - as you say you got good positive feedback and lots of people like your stories. Please I'll ask you not to be so hard on yourself. You said in another thread you are a positive person. Be positive about yourself because you're going to drive yourself mad if you write in every single post here that you are useless and terrible.

12. untalented311

untalented311 New Member

I changed it to say that I'm mediocre. lol is that better?

13. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

14. Zane

Zane New Member

Lol hey don´t argue on my apresentation thread " kidding"

Thanks Amanda, before i post something, i want to make sure that i feel it´s as good as i could possibly write it now, so then i can get some feedback hopefully a good one [ I hate when people do something and the others just say-"you suck" and then with feedback of experienced writers, i´ll become experienced as well, and hopefully somedy i will get published"wich i think i have plenty of time" , and writing is like my secound top hobby, what I actually want to be is a musician :)

---cheers

15. Donal

Donal New Member

Sorry about that Zane :) What kind of musician do you want to be?

16. MissLotty

MissLotty New Member

Organisation - don’t you just find it impossible to keep up with your own thought and trying to get everything down on paper/the computer? I struggle with that too sometimes.

I wish you luck in you endeavours. Maybe the newbies can struggle through together? PM me if you want a chat :)

All the best

17. Zane

Zane New Member

Lol like I said I was kidding, if you like challenges, trying to put me mad should be a good one" it´s like impossible, but i do have my weaknesses :D"

Well my favourite instrument is piano, I love to play chopin songs and anime too, like from devil may cry and naruto castlevania etc etc lol.

I also sing and play guitar.

I want to be the unique type of musician, you see not something overdone like tokio hotel and johnas brothers, those comercial musicians [no offense to fans ]

My favourite musician is Jeff buckley :cool: but he died and i´m unable of ever seing him alive :(

18. Zane

Zane New Member

hmm Impossible no, hard yes, but with practice everything can be overcomed.
    Lol yes we can chat, lol i´ll pm you later okay:)

19. untalented311

untalented311 New Member

Dude Jeff Buckley is one of my top ten fave musicians, I'm not going to tell you the other ones because I know you'll have never heard of them. (I like under the radar bands) But I remember the exact feeling when I started to fall in love with Jeff Buckley and found out he was dead. It was traumatic, lol

20. Zane

Zane New Member

Wow, I think it´s the first time, when i speak of jeff buckley, that someone knows and likes him :eek: :D
    I also like a lot david bowie, beatles, chopin, fingertips and cat stevens, among lots of other bands :)

But if you tell the rest of you´re top ,maybe I can recognize some of them.

21. untalented311

untalented311 New Member

I love the beatles, Silversun Pickups, Lovedrug (Two bands that you have probably never heard of) Owl City (don't judge me, they're catchy), Sugarcult, The Starting Line (sometimes), most of the time I just like one song by a band, but I get obsessed with that song, Oh, and I love My Chemical Romance, but I don't need your judgement lol. My friends all say that I have terrible taste in music,

22. Zane

Zane New Member

Well I don´t know about those bands, except MCR, that i saw them on wembley they were opening the concert for Muse.

Btw, you can´t have bad taste in music, i mean who likes beatles and Buckley have a great taste for it :D

cheers ;)