1. WriterJohnB

WriterJohnB New Member

New to forum - hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WriterJohnB, Jul 2, 2007.

Hi, I'm a published author and I enjoy going around to different writing forums to post some of my work and also help writers who ask for critique. I don't hold back on criticism, but I don't hold back on praise, either. I try to be honest, anything less is a disservice, IMHO.

I've been a member of a writer's group for about 8 years, along with 2 Eng. Lit. Professors and a HS English teacher, so I have a pretty good grasp on the basics of language, grammar and story construction. I've also been submitting for 4 years and this gives me insight as to what editors are looking for quality-wise.

Hope to chat with you all often.

Take care,

JohnB

2. Raven

Raven Banned

Well let me be the first to welcome you to WF JohnB.

If you have any questions feel free to pm myself.

~Raven.

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum then and I look forward to seeing you around the board.

I do hope you have a wonderful time here with all of us.

~Torana

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the WritingForums, John.

I am pleased to see that you began on the site by offering a critique, and that you did so frankly and without rancor. I have no doubt that you will become a highly valued member of our community.

Take a look around the site, if you have not already done so. We have fun and games, of course, which also serve the important function of helping us to come to know one another as people. We also have the Writing Issues section, with discussions on writing techniques, plot ideas, and publishing issues. And of course, the first place new arrivals invariably look for, the Review Room.

I took a look at your web site, and found it quite interesting. Your experience will be extremely welcome.

I hope you find what you want here, and also enjoy the place enough to stick around and share your insights with us.

And, of course, have fun.

5. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site :) Look forward to seeing more of you. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask on the boards.

6. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Great to have you! I hope your can still learn from us as well and I for one am looking forward to our meeting in the threads.

7. WriterJohnB

WriterJohnB New Member

Thanks, everyone. Gannon, I learn from everything I do and everyone I come in contact with. I've got a few writing credits, but I'm not setting the world on fire.

Critiquing other writers is very helpful to me. There are many ways and styles of writing for me to consider adapting for one story or another. I don't post my own work on-line for critique very often because my writers' group is sufficiently vicious and well-versed.

Take care, everyone, see you around the forum.

JohnB