1. Waitingfordeath

Waitingfordeath New Member

Introduction from Down Under

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Waitingfordeath, Apr 6, 2014.

Hi all,

Or as I should say to fit my expected colloquialism: G'day, mate. I am a sixteen-year-old student in Australia and my main aspiration in life is to become a journalist. I enjoy the peace and bliss of isolated, remote and cold locations, and thus have an obsession with the Northern Scandinavian areas. The lifestyle, the people, the culture and the weather are all beautiful. I have a dream to live there, and get out of this humid furnace which hardly experiences a 'winter.'

I like to write for pleasure, although I haven't done so in a while. I read substantially, and my favourite book would probably be a novel by Tom Rob Smith - the Secret Speech. It's a historical novel set in the 1950s in soviet Russia, highlighting the story of an ex-KGB agent in the reformed Russia.

Oh, did I mention-- I LOVE history. Particularly Russian and Eastern European history.

I'm about to read a novel called L is for Lawless.

Anyway, that's enough from me; I look forward to hearing from you all.

Bye, comrades.

2. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Hello and welcome!

I'm from Scandinavia, and you are right, we have a pretty nice climate up here. Have you ever heard of Sarek or Abisko? Two beautiful national parks in Sweden.

But I also have to tell you; don't long for the cold! It can be quiet nasty sometimes. I used to work as a paper delivery when I was younger, hauled many Kg's worth of newspapers through half a meter of snow. I usually run my normal district in 3 hours, with that much snow, it took me 7... cold as hell, pay was good though... but at times like that, I wouldn't mind living in Australia ;)

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Waitingfordeath! (Seems weird to call someone that, but what the hey :) .) Welcome to the forum! Please read the rules, participate, and have fun!

Careful what you wish for! I'm originally from Canada, and we have long, cold winters there. I longed for a warmer climate. I moved to Los Angeles and got the climate I thought I wanted, and now I long to move back to Canada! It's too hot here for too much of the year, and there are no seasons. I can't really live without the sensation of seasons. As The Band once sang, "Set my compass north, I got winter in my blood."

:)

Madman likes this.