1. Joshua A

Joshua A Member

New to Writing forums(in general)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Joshua A, Sep 5, 2014.

So, intro: I'm Josh, Joshua and...I have a lot of nicknames actually, haha. Anyhow, I'm new to writing forums, in general. As per my topic thread. I just searched "writing forum" online because I wanted to find a group and see what it was like.

A little background about myself: I've been writing for about 10 years. I wasn't really "properly" edumacated, because I didn't really care. Whoops. So, grammar will, most probably, be a huge issue of mine.

However, I like to think that my work is..decent. I've had people compliment me. I was never sure whether they meant it or not, but, hey; I enjoy my work. I like writing, and so, I am content.

I came here to find somewhere to share my works. I think it would be neat for others to read my works, maybe ask and critique them.

Let me know. Thanks :)

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Staff Supporter Contributor

Hey and welcome, Josh!

As long as you like what you write, that's what counts. ;)
    I hope we'll see some of your stories around here one day, and that you read ours in return!

Cheers!

3. Joshua A

Joshua A Member

I totally will be posting stuff!! ....I just don't know where. I currently have a blog that I've just started, and am maintaining, but I don't know if that's allowed here or not.

4. Komposten

You can add a link to it in your signature (a lot of users have their blogs/websites linked there), if you want.
    And if you haven't seen it already, the forum has a little guide for new members: The New Member Quick-start guide

For the general rules of the forum check this out: Forum rules

That should get you started, I hope. :read:

5. Joshua A

Joshua A Member

Yes, that's awesome, thank you! I figured that because it was on an out-of-site blog, it might not be well received; I did not want to join the site and push a blog onto it! That's not exactly good etiquette, and the rules simply reinforced that.

I can, however, post the things that I write there here. I will create a topic to gauge interest in that aspect. Thanks for your assistance :)

6. Komposten

I do not know how you do it, but you can actually keep a personal blog here on the forum, which is separate from the actual forum categories and threads.
    Found this, maybe you can check it out: http://www.writingforums.org/bloglist/?order=recently_updated