1. Ellemc

Ellemc New Member

New to writing!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ellemc, Sep 25, 2013.

Hi my name is Danielle, I am new to writing, but i have this idea in my head for a book and I cant get it out my head but don't know where to start, its based on a true story but slightly fabricated because its not my life but someone i once knew and before my times.

if anyone has any tips on how to put this down in words, any tips at all would be very helpful.

Regards, Danielle

Love to Write and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

Hi Danielle and welcome,
    We'd all like to help you on your writing conquest,
    Regards,
    Arannir

3. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

First of all, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy browsing and learning from all the members here.

Second of all, realise that writing a novel is fulfilling, but also a very daunting task. Fortunately, you have us to help you. :D To begin, I would suggest writing down everything you know about this person, whoever it may be. As Tesco would say, every little helps. Next, decide how you would go about writing it. Do you want to write the novel in chronological order, or is it more mixed up? Once you've decided, put all of those ideas and events from before into the correct order, so you know what to write and when to write it.

Then I would suggest waiting for someone else to comment on this thread, because I know others have important things to say! ;)

Have fun here, Danielle. :)

4. Morgan Willows

Morgan Willows New Member

Hi there! I'm still pretty new myself but the folks here are really helpful :D

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Welcome to the forum Danielle.

Just start writing, don't worry about the execution. Get your story on paper (or the computer screen). Then worry about how to remake your story into a literary work. We all re-write our stories, some of us, many times.

6. Joshua Robert Johnson

Joshua Robert Johnson New Member

I've considered writing about my life growing up so I understand your question. It's hard to write about loved ones, friends or relatives. I've thought thru how I would write about my own life but every time I think about It I end up thinking about how my family would react writing about your personal life and people close to you is hard emotionally but it's a great stress relief. Just try writing what you think before you go back to think about it or change it will get all the ideas out because how you feel and envision your own thoughts changes easily. So just write it where you can go back to look over it you'll see a lot of development in your thoughts you might have realized had happened. It help sort out nervous thoughts once you've written your thoughts they're easier to get out of your head because you can think of how to relate your emotions to others.

7. DubPat

DubPat Member

Hi Danielle,
    Am new to the site. Iwas like you, daydreaming with a story and how to put it to paper since schooldays....that was well over 40 years ago. Now I'm hoping to improve the story I have come up with. Just write and you will get there

Pat