1. Golden1994

Golden1994 New Member

New to writing

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Golden1994, Dec 12, 2015.

Hallo everyone.
    Well I never really written before, so i'm here for some help about a story i want to write.
    Actually the story is about my own life - the thing is, it's very personel. I'm having trouble with knowing if I
    should go "all in" and write it as a I story or write it as a third person. I feel like writing it as a I story, but at the moment i'm not quite comfortable with it...

all thoughts would be appreciated

2. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Are you doing it as your literal self, like creative non-fiction, or semi-autobiographical? Neither way would influence whether you should do first or third, but unless you've already looked at pros and cons of the two styles, which should be available through Google (or here, too, I'm sure), more information about what you want your story to be might help make the answer clearer.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  3. Dan G

Dan G New Member

My advice would be to just start with one and see how it feels and flows as you write it. You'll find, as most of us do, that the story will go off in unexpected directions as you right so, even in the first person, it will became a bit less personal as you move on.

4. mikeinseattle

mikeinseattle Member

edited

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016