1. FaythFuI

FaythFuI Member

Introduction - Hey, I write too!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FaythFuI, Apr 20, 2016.

Hi everyone! As you can see I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to introduce myself. I'm 20 years old and have been writing ever since I was in middle school, where I started my novel series shown in my signature. Over the years I've lead various creative writing clubs, and have worked in a writing center tutoring students on their papers/creative works. Creative fantasy/horror writing is my heart and soul, but I'm adept at academic/scientific writing as well, and hope that I can find a career that incorporates my writing in a more technical manner, but will still allow for some creativity! (I hope!) I'm currently a sophomore in community college and will be graduating this semester and heading off to a university. I'm looking into Communications and Psychology - I have so many things I love aside writing (like art and video games...) but, I know writing is my passion, and that's where I want to go. Because I love what I do - and I want to spend my life doing something I love. In regards to this, I know I needed to get started somewhere, so I decided to join the forum in order to get my foot in the water with the writing community. To hear your guys ideas, offer some of my own, and help my fellow writers as much as I can. I plan to invest more time into my blog, and hope to find some freelance work online to supplement my need for a creative outlet - but for now, I need to push myself to appreciate all forms of writing (even the boring, business kinds, ha.)
    [​IMG]
    A little example of the artwork I do, and what I like to write. Ha. Let's just say there's always a lot of blood.

I'm more than excited to be welcomed into this community and hope I can both help and inspire you guys as we forge ahead together. I wish everyone the best of luck in anything they do! And please, as an individual who thoroughly enjoys editing (and is thinking of searching for a career in that area as well), never hesitate to ask me for help or opinions on your work - it's what I do.

Thanks guys!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome! Welcome to the madhouse!
    I would discourage calling yourself "adept". But I wish you luck in your career endeavours.
    Nice artwork! Keep working on it and maybe you'll be one of the next art celebrities! You never know.
    Hope I keep seeing you.
    Oh, and, rewollof, eraps eht llik! (Read backwards :p)

zoupskim and FaythFuI like this.
  3. FaythFuI

FaythFuI Member

Thanks - I appreciate it. :)

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Welcome, @FaythFuI

I like a lot of horror/fantasy. From writers who have been around quite a while, like Ramsey Campbell, or maybe even some stuff by Robert Holdstock or Brian Lumley. Caitlin R. Kiernan did this stuff particularly well, before she turned to more literary fiction. Best of luck with it!

FaythFuI and Oscar Leigh like this.
  5. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Your art makes me curious about the stories you tell. Do you have something you are working on right now?

6. Vikingessa

Vikingessa New Member

Love your artwork!

7. Nicole-tan

Nicole-tan Member

Wow, I like the art! welcome

8. FaythFuI

FaythFuI Member

Thanks so much everyone! (I apologize for responding so late, I'm a college student, so I've been really busy, but now it's summer break, yay!)
    I work really hard on my art - I know I'm not the best at it, but it's something I love to do, and I'm so happy you all like it. I adore visualizing my characters and illustrating them.

@zoupskim - I always have things I'm working on, like my novel series in my signature - I'm trying to write more poetry and go through my journal that has all my ideas in it (because I'll always get random inspiration, write the idea down, but never do anything with it, ugh.) - I hope to write much more this summer.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  9. Bob Stuart

Bob Stuart New Member

Welcome! :)

Oscar Leigh and FaythFuI like this.
  10. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

I see your intro has been up for quite a while, but no mod has welcomed you yet. :bigoops:

So on behalf of the staff, welcome to WF! :-D

-Kat

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  11. FaythFuI

FaythFuI Member

That's okay! And thanks so much!

Oscar Leigh likes this.