new year's resolutions 2015

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DeadMoon, Dec 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I don't make resolutions for the new year. Any other time of year, I commit to an action or goal when I feel the need to do so. New year's resolutions are more about the occasion than the commitment, which is why they tend to fail. I delay commitments that occur "at" the change of the year for that reason. After the dust settles, I trust my resolve far more.

I made this decision many years ago, and not around New Year's Day. I have kept this resolution, and it has served me well.

2. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contributor

Actually write a full story... I have all these great ideas, and I get started on them... but then on the way I stop writing them and start over. Probably would be a good idea to actually complete one this year.

3. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

When I quite smoking (over three years now!) it was in early November, no new years resolution needed. I do like making a few on new years though.
    I do see your point in committing to a goal when when you feel the need and not at a fixed point on the calendar though.

4. BeckyJean

BeckyJean Member

~ I'm not big on proclamations. In the past they've been too short lived and leave me feeling shittier for having given up on them. This year is different; only because I need it to be. I'm a busy woman that thrives on being busy. What I need is to "finish"... in all aspects. Short term goals I can meet, and do that daily. I'm a list maker that gets great satisfaction from crossing deeds-done off a page. But big projects (whether it's my writing, home projects, or cleaning out my bloody closets) overwhelm me ~ even if I've already begun them (i'm a great 'starter'!) I'm tired of not taking myself seriously enough. There are three things I need from ME this year.

1) a healthier body to house this soul and mind. I've been reckless, not treating it kindly. My health is decent, but suffering, and i'm no longer at an age where I can keep saying, "next year".

2) remind myself that people tell you who they are through their actions. What I mean to them is told through the way they treat me. WAKE UP.... listen! Stop investing in people that don't invest in me. I don't need their negative ions fouling up my space.

and 3) Finish... adhere to deadlines I set for myself. There are too many half-done things in my life. Find joy in completing the big tasks... make myself do it, even when it's hard. Even when it's really, really hard. Just finish.

5. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

Another thing I'd like to do is to see Long Island, New York, and go back to New York City.

6. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Write a fantasy novel. Or at least attempt to. :p

7. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

I want to make it to next year

8. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

mines non writing related - and is to not touch alcohol until new years eve 2015, 18 days in and everything seems ok so far, give it six months then see how i feel

9. Jim Luther Davis

Jim Luther Davis New Member

Finish a screenplay

Get back down under 170 pounds

10. Lancie

Lancie Senior Member

My resolution is probably quite shallow but I lost 30lbs last year and I'm going to lose another stone before I go away this year. There will be a bikini. I won't be a beached whale.

Also wake up earlier and write more and work harder and all that sensible stuff...

11. Poet of Gore

Poet of Gore Member

i will kill again, but you will not know how or when
    or maybe go on a diet.

like decisions? right? like, OMG!!!