1. staceylouise

staceylouise Active Member

newbie!!!! hi all!!! can anyone help me out???

Discussion in 'Erotica' started by staceylouise, Jan 30, 2014.

Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone may be able to spare some time to help me out. Ok so I've written before, never published but never tried. I've actually been told that my 'dark' writing is the best as I tend to write about deep dark things, including self harm, vampires, supernatural and stuff-what I enjoy. But a few weeks ago I was hit, yes literally hit, with a plot for a story, and I feel a good one at that. Now i have never written erotica before and so have researched loads on writing erotica, as well as sexual positions, slang terms, use off word choices to describe sexual organs. I'm not a hard core sex beast mind haha! But I'm not completely experienced in all either-I've never been with a woman for a start! So obviously a lot is fictional, but I've written down a few scenes and hit them pretty well (I think). But I was wondering if there was any where on here that we can post work for feedback from other members? I have a really good central character and have tried to keep the plot as simplistic in characters by having minimal characters as there must be, but the plot also thickens by unravelling in the story where the characters and relationships cross over.
    I'm sorry for being a bit vague but I don't want to give to much away. Also, I know it's going to be quite controversial all round, but how do people feel about under age sex? I appreciate that some may see this as a taboo and sick but for others this could be a huge turn on factor. I'd welcome your views on this please.
    Thank you :)

2. staceylouise

Reading what I've written, I just want to make it clear that the story is very horny and involves a fair bit of sex-at different levels, but it's not all about sex. And it's funny because I'm a quite forward person anyway, and being able to and loving writing dark fiction, I'm not scared or put off of writing erotica, intact it's more intense and more thrilling. I'm the kinda gal who "doesn't give a shit", so I think this helps!

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi, staceylouise, and welcome to the forum! Please read the rules, participate, and have fun!

In answer to your questions, yes, you very much CAN post work here (in our Workshop) for critique from other members. You have to fulfill a few requirements first, though (as spelled out in the rules). First, be a member for fourteen days. Second, post at least twenty times. Third, contribute two constructive critiques of other members' work for each piece you want critiqued. It's pretty easy, actually, and lots of fun.

It sounds like you'll want to post in the Erotica section, and it has additional rules of its own. They are listed here.

Wreybies likes this.
  4. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

And just to add my 2p...

The Erotica section in the Workshop is tucked up under the Short Story section, but only to keep it nondescript. The sub-forum is meant for all lengths of work to include novel length WIPs and even poetry. I'm active in the subforum as it is the genre in which I am writing at the moment and you will find conversation and critique to be serious, professional and adult. ;)

minstrel likes this.
  5. staceylouise

Thanks guys! Will try to obey all rules and take on the adult critique, thanks