Newcomer's Game - The Orb of Pyritus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Love to Write, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Eve

"You're telepathic, not some primal animal. Return to your blob form now or face the wrath of Schadenfreude!"

Eve eyed the other creature. Then spat a glob of pink goo at his face.

Her grin widened when it slid off harmlessly, leaving the creature stunned for a brief moment at what she had just done. Then the goo detached itself and returned back to her body. Really, it had done no damage, and left no trace. But it had given her much of the information she had needed by taking off a layer of dead skin cells. The age of the atoms that made up his bodily structure gave her a near-exact number on his age.

You may be far older than me, Space-Drifter. But I am old as well when compared to these others I assume. May I ask what threat you can bring down upon me? A fist? A fang? None will work, I assure you. Now, if you knew of my race, then i would be wary, but it seems that even though you are as old as the stars and planets themselves, you are still ignorant of a few things.

Dana sighed. "It's harmless, I'm pretty sure. Though, Eve...perhaps it would be better if you turned into something less threatening considering that everyone is already frightened."

Eve closed her mouth and blinked her eight eyes at Dana for a moment. Good point. I need to find my herd again soon, and playing catch isn't going to help anything. With a muffled slurp, Eve returned back to her normal form and shook off the excess water she had released, watching as it pearled and hovered in the air again. This place has low gravity. Odd...

"Nice trick," he said. "Any chance you could turn into something useful, like, I dunno, a GPS or a ship or a even a bottle of Ole Janx Spirit perhaps?"

If you have one of those things and they are made of any metal I can copy it.
    Eve suggested, then pointed at the knife sheathed in Dana's belt. Like that. I have no idea what it is or what it does, but I can probably copy it if i broke it down into it's molecular structures, and then get enough metal to make two of them. Easy enough.

2. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

"Nice trick," he said. "Any chance you could turn into something useful, like, I dunno, a GPS or a ship or a even a bottle of Ole Janx Spirit perhaps?"

"How about a bottle of Crown Royal?" Taylor spoke out loud as she finally got within the rendez-vous there.

"It's quite disrespectful to ignore a lady, now isn't it?"

She realized that she was into something that could change her life, for better or for worse. A bit of withdrawal symptoms began to show up as she flinched and almost collapsing on the floor, she was just grabbed by Alex.

"Thank you...guys?"

She had to heed what was being said after the episode she has seen.

"Welllll....hello guys I'm Taylor Cooper, but you can call me Tay or Coop."

She looked at Schadenfraude and thought "Hmmm a handsome one....and I like those eyes", eyes peering into her as she had almost the impression that things were not what they seemed.
    In fact that dizzy spell didn't seem to be from drank withdrawal. She had to be dreaming.

Schadenfraude looked back at her and noticed the butterfly knives in her hands, and just smiled.

"Uh oh....", she thought....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  3. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

"You know, Mr. Willson, there is no need to continue your work. We have accomplished so much here on Eureka, so much so that there is not much else we can do." Mr. Fethenheim said, lifting one of the small frames of circuitry off of the large table Roland was working on. The air conditioner sifted a cool current through the large room, which drafted into Roland's nose, with a familiar metallic smell. Lights shone brightly through the room, with mirrors cleverly arranged to shine on the darkest parts of the room.

Roland rolled beside his table to the old man quickly, grabbing the piece of circuitry from the old man's hand. "The only limit we have is the one we put on ourselves. Isn't that the motive of this city?"

Fethenheim smiled weakly, "What you are attempting right now is impossible. There is no such thing as an infinite energy source, and there never will be. You cannot create matter, and you cannot destroy it; that is one of the fundamental laws of our universe. By simple logic you can assume that such an object cannot exist."

Roland frowned at the man. "What if you were to set a number of electrons to spin at light speed around a small area, and have them collide with each other? The collisions would create a potentially very large amount of energy."

Fethenheim said, "How would you go about doing that, Roland? What you're talking about would require a vast amount of energy that we cannot even dream of having. The cost outweighs the benefit by a basically infinite amount of energy as well. There is no real way of powering your Teleportation Device, Roland. It would take far too much energy. This obsession is unhealthy. Perhaps you should join the Interstellar Engineers. That would be a far more efficient use of your skills."

Roland said, "Then I'd be doing something that's been done millions of times before. I'd just be helping to do it again and again and again. Sending things out into space is something that's already been done for centuries. I want to create something entirely new to this universe. This Teleportation Module is the closest I've ever gotten. My father simplified the fusion reactor, my great-uncle created the fusion reactor... and my mother created the best chocolate chip cookies to ever have existed. I want to do something like that. For 34 years I've been leeching off of this society with my disability. I fixed that by creating a device that used up even more power, so much that it blacked out the city for a whole hour...

I am a man, and a brilliant one at that. I will not sit idly by and waste my skills on things anybody on this planet could do. I will not settle down with some woman and waste my time twiddling my thumbs and playing with my children. I will change the world, Fethenheim, just you wait."

Fethenheim smiled brightly, "You always were my favorite student, Roland. I just worry that this world has reached it's maximum potential. There's nothing that hasn't been done that can't be done feasibly by human means. As much as you might hate the idea now, I'd suggest immigrating to another planet. Try living a peaceful life, maybe find a wife who's smart and pretty. Have a family. You'll be happy, I promise."

He walked out of Roland's lab, the smell of the pine trees he grew in his backyard still in the air.

Roland said to himself, with a sour look to his face. "No, I won't."

He flexed his arms, then rolled over to his ENPA, which was lying in a storage compartment on a wall. He grabbed it, and attached it to his back, feeling the narcotics ease the pain of it's entry into his back. He felt renewed as he flexed his hind legs, and jumped into the air, right out of his seat. He stepped out the back door, then sucked in a bunch of air into the fusion reactor, which began working and flooded energy into his body. Then, he inhaled through his nose, and sniffed the sandy air, with some getting into his nose. It was a familiar feeling for anyone living on the planet; the winds were always sandy. Everybody wore at least some form of glasses or contacts. Roland preferred the glasses that were implanted into his head, so they would never fall off. Much more efficient.

Then, he felt something strange. A pulling force was working on him, pulling him back into the lab. He turned around to see a massive black portal, pulling him in. Too soon to think, it's power increased and he was sucked into the black portal, and he lost consciousness.

Soon, he opened his eyes, and looked at the sun. It was different; it held less intensity. Where was he? What the hell had happened?

Getting up, he sighed in relief as he realized his ENPA was still attached. He checked his health levels, and everything checked out. It was pleasantly cool here; very different from home. Roland decided to check out his surroundings, and try to ascertain what was here, where he was, why he was here, and how he got here.

He detected a group of strange individuals over about 15 dekameters from where he was, all talking about strange things. He could even hear pieces of conversation in his head he couldn't understand at the moment. Looking around, he noticed something else.

Near that group, he saw another woman lying in the grass about a half hectometer away. She wore fancy, colorful clothing, and her skin was white. White skin... so that's what it looked like. So pasty, like a ghost. She was just lying there, as if dead. Although, her eyes were open, and his hearing aids could detect a heartbeat. No visible electronics of any kind, even through heat readings.

She was the closest to him, so he'd confront her first. Walking forward purposefully, he stepped in front of the woman. Gathering all the lessons on polite speaking, he intended to make a positive first impression.

"Excuse me miss, but I'm lost. Do you know where I am?"

Love to Write likes this.
  4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Shchadenfreude smiled to give a friendly impression, but this girl, Taylor, seemed from a much crueler universe than the one he was from. Perhaps she would see right through it.

"My name is Schadenfreude." He said politely "But I suppose I should answer the...thing that spoke to me first." Schadenfreude said, turning to Eve "Interesting for you to call me ignorant when you seem so clueless. You know much about the sky, but nothing about the surfaces of planets." Schadenfreude said, remembering her earlier question "I assure you, even if that disgusting goo had been a strong acid, it would have done as little harm as a scrape on the knee for a human being. My skin would be gone, but I have a tendency of coming back...from everything. And I doubt you would like being set on fire, who would you? Now seeing how you obviously don't spend much time in decent company, I will tell you myself, that it is very rude to spit in a strangers face, or anyone's." He said, offended by Eves actions. No matter how many bastards he dealt with, he hated when people were rude to him.

"So..." He started speaking to everyone "Should we begin looking for civilization, if there is any, we may find answers."

5. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

"So...should we begin looking for civilization, if there is any, we may find answers."

It wasn't a dream. It really seemed like there were diferent people from diferent universes all there gathered together trying to make sense of everything. True, looking for civilization was a nice first step, but what about the rest? She witnessed the beginning of a row between that...thing, which surprise of surprises, didn't say a word she could've probably listen to.

She turned to Eve and said "who and what are you?" she was bedazzled by "The Jelly" as she saw Eve as, and aquiesced to the fact that communication between her and that creature was limited to...gestures? "Oh what the hell" she thought, "Might as well ask 'em"

"Sooo....I can see you guys are communicating with it, so what is it? Telepathy?" she said with a smirk. She was in no stance of believing anybody there, and for Taylor Cooper there are no such things like "I have no choice" she struggled her whole life just to be alive, vices notwithstanding, and never had to lean on someone to get ahead. As much as she thought they should stick together, she couldn't avoid thinking that at some point, she'd have to take care of herself on her own.

6. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Dana: Attack of the Mutants

"So..." He started speaking to everyone "Should we begin looking for civilization, if there is any, we may find answers."

"I think that is an excellent idea." Dana began "Maybe we'll be able to..." The soldier was cut off by a loud screech. In the trees above them appeared about a large group of human-mutant creatures. They were each different but all were covered in feathers with large talons on their hands and feet. On their backs were wings, not un-similar to eagle wings.
    Dana slowly unsheathed her daggers as the mutated humans looked at them hungerly. Then without warning, they attacked.

7. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude looked stared without fear, and without even concern at the attacking mutants. "Interesting." He thought.

Grinning madly, he set several ablaze with his mind, putting the forest in danger, but he wasn't going to pass up an opportunity for violence, which he loved.

'Heat burns everything. All a matter of getting it hot enough.' He thought. He could heat the flames to blue hot to white hot, if he wanted, but red flames should do, for now.

8. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

"Excuse me miss, but I'm lost. Do you know where I am?"

Clara filled her lungs with fresh foreign air as she lifted herself off the ground. Not caring to even look at person before her, she began to wring out her skirts.

"Well, I know where I was!" she said in a huff. "I was about to have the highlight of my life, dining with the Captain and Mr. Douglas! And now my dress, hat, gloves, everything is RUINED! For God's sakes...how could this possibly happen to a woman like myself? And where is my parasol?"

Her pale blue eyes dropped to the forest floor, scouring for the lacy white umbrella. A few seconds later, Clara plucked it from some bushy weeds and gave it a firm shake. The parasol flew open, flinging seawater every which way.

"Ruined." Clara whimpered as she raised the parasol above her dripping head.

And then a scream escaped from her trembling lips.

"W...w...who? ARE YOU?" she shouted, while pointing a gloved finger at the man in front of her. At least he had the appearance of a man, with dark skin. Though he had something...sticking out of him?

Many other loud noises were heard, but she couldn't turn her attention. Clara had to know.

"Did...you die too? Is this...is this..." she paused, swallowing hard. "It simply can't be."

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  9. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

"Well, I know where I was!" The woman said in a huff. "I was about to have the highlight of my life, dining with the Captain and Mr. Douglas! And now my dress, hat, gloves, everything is RUINED! For God's sakes...how could this possibly happen to a woman like myself? And where is my parasol?"

The woman got up, not even noticing who had asked her the question. Roland watched the woman, with her white and purple dress, look around for her parasol. Roland thought about it; his history lessons taught him that women often dressed like this many, many years ago. Not that it really mattered. She seemed clueless about the whole thing. Roland assumed that a black portal must have taken a bunch of people to this place. But... how? How was this even possible? Turning slightly, he took all that he had seen into account. The woman would be of no help.

"W...w...who? ARE YOU?" She nearly screamed. Roland's ears hurt, and he was about to ask her to calm down when she asked him something. "Did... did you die too? Is this... is this... it simply can't be."

Wait, why would she think she was dead? Oh yes, Heaven and Hell. Hah. Idiotic.

"Of course we aren't in heaven, the place doesn't even exist. I'm talking to you, and you're talking to me. I can feel the wind against my skin, and you can feel the water dripping down your fancy hat. We are clearly alive. Now," He bit back a 'shut up' and continued, "be quiet, if you please." Roland said. His scanners picked up increased heat and heart beats over where the other group had been.

Then, he saw 3 creatures flying towards him. They were like humans, but mutated to a dangerous degree, each with their own set of wings and different other attributes. In an instant he scanned them, and profiled them. The leftmost one was the largest of the three, with 6 talons on his hands that didn't look that sharp, however, his huge frame and clear strength made him dangerous. The middlemost was the smallest, with incredibly sharp talons that glinted in the sun's light. The rightmost one was somewhere in the middle, but something was different about him. His talons were dripping green liquid, probably a type of narcotic or poison. Faster, less powerful versions of the Insects Sauron had faced in the Flea Flurry. For simplicity's sake, he named them big, small, and deadly respectively.

Small rushed at Roland, and tackled Roland to the ground, piercing his arms with the talons on it's feet. It was about to tear through Roland's heart when Roland's hind legs pushed him off the ground, sending the other creature onto the ground. Quickly thinking, he sent extra energy into his right leg as he smashed the creature's skull into the ground.

He faced the other 2 creatures, charging his laser quickly, drawing in oxygen into his fusion reactor, and motioned for the woman to stay back.

"Stay back. I'll deal with them."

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  10. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

After such a rush of introspectiveness, she heard Dana speak:

"I think that is an excellent idea." Dana began "Maybe we'll be able to..."

When suddenly from the trees, some sort of cross beween humans and...".birds? I guess I can believe in anything from now on...." She had there the unflicked knives in her hand, so she didn't even do a trick, just in miliseconds had them open as the birdmen creatures began flying in her direction - their direction. She thought of fleeing but somehow she knew she was safe, the first proof of that is that one of them was setting the creatures ablaze in mid flight. But there were way too many of them. One reached Dana, who swiftly dodged the birdman's charge and with her daggers almost beheaded the creature.

Taylor, however, wasn't so lucky. Even with knives in hand she couldn't fend off one of them who caught her with its claws and started lifting her as she screamed "Get off of me!!! Get the f..... off o' meee!!!!" About eight feet in the air, she manged to rip open the creature's feet with both knives, right there at the heel joints, while the creature emitted a squawk of pain and dropped her - but she was way above from the floor. In her free fall she closed her eyes...

11. Keitsumah

Eve looked up when the strange bird-like creatures dove at them, but didn't even make an attempt to dodge as two thick talons sliced through her body, cutting her in half momentarily before she re-merged into her regular form, none the worse for wear.

A drop of blood hit her side and was quickly absorbed, and Eve sensed the change in copper and iron amounts in the area. These were predators, albeit not like the ones that she knew. Predators. Planet-Dwellers losing minerals and water quickly. Must fend them off.

"Get off of me!!! Get the f..... off o' meee!!!!"

Instantly, Eve absorbed more water, growing in size as she saw that the other creature was not going to land gently. Spreading into a large ball of pink gelatin, Taylor soon landed inside with a squelch, safe and sound.

It was then that an idea occurred to Eve and she melded herself into a shape not un-similar to armor around Taylor. The woman would be able to move and jump around much faster than usual, and gravity would have little to no effect.

One of Taylor's knives sizzled as it was broken down into its compounds, then Taylor soon found it replaced back in her hand. Several copies of the blade also slid neatly into her belt, covered by the gelatin armor.

I burn enemies, eat them. They won't be able to get at you. She said, then readied herself as another avian-creature dove for them. Bubbles simmered in her body menacingly, harmless to Taylor, but clearly not so for anyone else who came in contact from the outside.

12. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude stared upward as he relentless fire attack killed many but made only a small dent.

Why were there so many? More importantly, why we're they attacking despite being killed off by his fire and the efforts of the rest of the group?

As his attention was turned to a group of the burning mutants to his left, one came from behind, it's sharp claw tearing the skin off his cheek, exposing his jaw muscles and teeth. Such pain he was used to, however, and he was in very little danger of being killed, despite the chaos.

'There must be a nest for these abominations' He thought, rubbing his chin in thought as he fried the attacker whom had ripped off his cheek. 'Perhaps if we find the nest and killed the alpha of the pack, they would all scatter...'

13. Love to Write

"Cannot have Orb. They must not get it." Gree whispered as he stroked the Orb of Pyritus. He crouched on hill almost a mile away and watched the villagers that he had transformed attack the people that had appeared, almost right on top of him. "Don't worry, I'll protect you...and you help me."
    ----

Dana wielded her daggers like the soldier she was. Every strike burned with fire magic, and within the course of a few minutes 3 of the creatures lay dead at her feet. The smell of burning flesh and feathers filled the air. Had she not been used to it, she might have fainted from the horrid smell. She heard a screech behind her and spun with her daggers at the ready. The mutant that was attacking suddenly snapped back mid-flight as if it had been shot and landed dead on the ground. Dana didn't have time to wonder what had happened before a squad of men in high-tech blue armor and jet-packs jumped into the fray. Within a matter of seconds they dispatched the remaining beasts and turned their attention to the group before them.

The tallest one stepped forward and made his helmet visor transparent so they could see his face. He had a square jaw dusted with light beard. His eyes were stern but not unkind. "Strangers" he began, "I'm Commander Telik and head of the Security of Theta Prime. It's obvious you are not from around here, so I'll ask you this once and you better tell the truth. Where did you come from and how did you get here?"

14. Keitsumah

Eve

"Strangers" he began, "I'm Commander Telik and head of the Security of Theta Prime. It's obvious you are not from around here, so I'll ask you this once and you better tell the truth. Where did you come from and how did you get here?"

Eve parted from Taylor and eyed the new creatures. All of them looked similar now -she was clearly the only one not with the same physical build and internal structure. In fact, working with Taylor in the fight had actually given her a few more clues as to what these creatures were, but she wasn't able to actually name them yet.

Eve glanced at the one guard who had spotted her and had aimed some strange thing at her head. I am Eve, a sixth-century Satooria. My home is the Rings of Saturn. As for how I got here... Eve shuddered. I beleive it was a black hole, but I am not sure. All i know is that one moment I was with my herd, the next... the Satoorian waved her arms at the surrounding area. I was here.

Now may I ask you a question? What do all of you call yourselves? I cannot seem to place the species.

15. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Billiam Spot- Somewhere out there

Oh hell... he though.

The Spot was not acting properly. It's engines were in desperate need of a tune up, or replacement, and the STOP GAP computer was not working well. The last time he had jumped he'd ended up three lightyears away from where he meant to go... He needed a better system, something that involved space magic and multiple dimensions. Billiam was into that kind of stuff.

Just as he finished that thought, there was an alarm that sounded, and he was immediately smashing a control panel as hard as he could with a brass candlestick. Suddenly, there was a flash of light, and the turbulence stopped.

Never hurts to hit it with a candlestick, he thought. He was now five hundred thousand lightyears distant from where he had been a moment ago. And after a moment of investigating another panel, he realized that he was, in fact, where he wanted to be. Why it was such, he could not explain as the coordinates that read on the map where nowhere near his intended destination... But still, he felt alright with being here.

He patted the control board affectionately, snapped his suspenders, then put on his jacket and prepared to step out the door.

Anyone in close proximity would had been rather surprised to see the white circular ship appear next to them. And even more surprised when an oddly dressed alien sauntured out and said,

"Hello fine people of this fine place! I, am Billiam!"

16. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

I burn enemies, eat them. They won't be able to get at you. Taylor felt as if she was surrounded by pure unbridled energy, and as she was sad she lost one of her pet knives but there were dozens of the very same knife attached to her belt, and she felt such a rush, such a surge of power - not to mention that she could finally hear Eve, she felt herself faster, delivering deadly blows at one, two, three birdmen.....Taylor was dazzled at her powers, joined with eve, and started to talk "So that how..." "I communicate. I can read your thoughts too."

But there was a huge swarm of them that kept coming, and it didn't seem to end. Schadenfreude was seriously injured, but did seem more concerned at the fact that he (by now, Taylor knew who was doing what) could set as many creatures in flames. and the fiery daggers of Dana were quite a sign to be seen. Alt
    hough Eve seemed gelatinous, inside of her Taylor couldn't feel a thing but power, immense power until....a squad of men in jet-packs arrived and Eve let Taylor go, smiling at her.

The men proceeded to decimate the birdmen, and Taylor was wary if they were real men, and the apparently leader of them started to speak:

"Strangers" he began, "I'm Commander Telik and head of the Security of Theta Prime. It's obvious you are not from around here, so I'll ask you this once and you better tell the truth. Where did you come from and how did you get here?"

They were definitely human - "unless they're cyborgs or some crazy shit" Taylor thought. One of the guards had a gun pointed at Eve.

I am Eve, a sixth-century Satooria. My home is the Rings of Saturn. As for how I got here... Eve shuddered. I beleive it was a black hole, but I am not sure. All i know is that one moment I was with my herd, the next... the Satoorian waved her arms at the surrounding area. I was here.

Now may I ask you a question? What do all of you call yourselves? I cannot seem to place the species.

Taylor, in an upfront a cocky manner, stepped in front of the laser aimed at Eve. "I'm Taylor and I don't give a flyin' f.... about who you are, but Eve is my best friend here", taking her knives off her belt, and continued "And if you wanna hurt her, you're gonna have to hurt me first...I took wound up here involved by a blaze of light or maybe I've hallucinated and now I'm here - and put that gun down, mister"

17. TheApprentice

"Gentlemen, gentlemen." Schadenfreude said as he approached the men who killed off the bird people. He forgot that half the skin on his face was gone.

"Everyone here appears to have the same story. Portals opened up-I know, it sounds crazy-but we were taken from other worlds. The goo person you're all aiming your guns at is rather harmless, aside from her horrible manners." He said politely "Anyways, gentlemen, I hope you understand our predicament. We are all looking for answers as much as you."

18. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

"Yeah," said Taylor, "What kind of place is this? You called it Theta-Prime...so we're in another planet-slash-dimension? Furthermore, why are....we....." she squinted her eyes and vomited on the floor, as drops of sweat formed in her face. Now, ducked down, Taylor reminded she had nothing on her. She looked at Eve and Eve, just knowing Taylor all too well, answered "I can reproduce the tin box with this sulphate inside, but I can see that this substance is causing you harm" "It's okay," Taylor responded with her thoughts, "It might do me harm but it's the source of my life power"
    It was an altoids box with 20 codeine sulphate pills inside. Still vomiting she didn't know whether Eve would, or anyone, for that matter, would help her.

19. Love to Write

Dana and Commander Telik

"And if you wanna hurt her, you're gonna have to hurt me first...I took wound up here involved by a blaze of light or maybe I've hallucinated and now I'm here - and put that gun down, mister"

"I'm not interested in hurting anybody...I just want to figure out whats going on." The commander replied. One of the people started vomiting and the commander waved his medic over. The medic scanned the girl with a strange device and said, "Withdrawals it looks like. But I'd have to take a blood test to be sure and what from." The medic looked at Taylor asked for permission to take a blood test while the commander addressed the rest of the group.

"My scans tell me that you all are telling the truth. And it fits right in with what we know is going on. If you come with us...we'll be able to get you some answers." He looked at Schadenfreude and added, "And some medical attention."

Then the Commander turned his attention to the man who had just arrived in a some sort of ship. "Mr. Billiam, You'll need to leave your shuttle here." The statement was obviously not a request.

Dana looked around at the rest of the group. "I think we should go with him. I doubt we'd get the answers we need wandering around by ourselves."

20. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude looked at Dana "We certainly would have better luck with them than out here with the bird men." He said, looking over at the commander "But dont worry yourselves too much over any of my injuries. I have a tendency to heal rather quickly, and would rather you focus on helping her with her addiction." He said, pointing at Taylor.

He looked around at the forest that went on forever. His fire had dissipated when the fighting had stopped. He could see no signs of civilization, not even a trail, giving him little idea where these men were going to take them, though they seemed to have rather advanced technology.

21. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

"Withdrawals it looks like. But I'd have to take a blood test to be sure and what from.", said the medic after scanning her with a strange device. "Would you allow me miss, to take some blood tests?"
    "Sure" said Taylor wiping off her mouth, as a humanoid creature in a small white ship arrived.

"Hello fine people of this fine place! I, am Billiam!"

She rolled her eyes and thought "One more to the fold..." She couldn't reach for her Altoids tin box or her flask of vodka with vanilla at that point, as she felt herself rather sick, enough for her stomach not be able to take in the pills or the booze.

"Mr. Billiam, You'll need to leave your shuttle here." ordered Commander Telik. Dana, looking at everyone including the no longer crouching Taylor: "I think we should go with him. I doubt we'd get the answers we need wandering around by ourselves."

Schadenfreude looked at Dana "We certainly would have better luck with them than out here with the bird men." He said, looking over at the commander "But dont worry yourselves too much over any of my injuries. I have a tendency to heal rather quickly, and would rather you focus on helping her with her addiction." He said, pointing at Taylor.

"Don't worry about me. I've seen enough displays of things nobody would believe at back in my place to trust that I'll be okay here" said Taylor, still a bit off balance.

"Will you help me Eve?", she thought...

22. Keitsumah

Eve

Will you help me Eve?
    Eve looked over toward Taylor and her eyes widened at the state she was in.

Slowly, she drifted forward and got the medic's attention with a timid wave. Let me try. I may be able to see if there is an anomaly in her bloodstream and filter it out. When the man backed off, Eve crouched next to Taylor and looked her in the eye. I am not sure if this will feel pleasant, but I will do my best to stay away from your nervous system. Just try to stay calm, though, so your blood does not move too fast for me to see what is wrong.

Then, Eve placed both hands on Taylor's ears and extended herself into her body, seeking the trouble.

The Satoorian found it almost instantly in the form of nodes attached to Taylor's brain. Wary of damaging it, Eve carefully filtered out all the toxins in the girl's blood as it travelled from the other regions of her body and to her brain. Then, after it was cleared, Eve magnetized the toxic nodes causing Taylor's addiction and extracted them. She flinched once, but that seemed to be reflex when Eve finally took out the last one.

The whole ordeal took a good few minutes, and then Eve extracted herself from Taylor's head and looked at her again.

Did that work? You were full of this- Eve held up a violet, gelatinous mass in her palm that practically oozed poison.

23. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

Did that work? You were full of this- Eve held up a violet, gelatinous mass in her palm that practically oozed poison.

"Oh my....gawrd" Taylor fell on her knees as she felt such an easiness, she felt herself devoid of a burden, light as a feather....it felt incredible, in a way she'd never felt before, not even as a child. She felt such enormous beauty in her surroundings, and all of that incredible sensation that she was in for something entirely new, something, to use a cliché, out of this world. Or rather, out of that world...that world of constant fear and darkness, humiliation and how she wished she had her computer, records, and turntable. All she could keep as a memento was....inside the altoids tin box. She smiled wryly, after being in tears and profusely thanking Eve, as eve looked at her, fumbling around in her leather coat and...quickly ingesting 2 codeine pills.

"Ahhh...."said Taylor, obviously physically clean but not mentally clean, "C'est la f...ing vie...."

24. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

"Mr. Billiam, You'll need to leave your shuttle here."

Billiam smiled at the Commander.

"That won't be a problem, the engines seem to have exploded." As he said that, there was a flash from inside The Spot, followed by a thick black smoke rolling out of the door. "So, what have I missed? There seems to be something rather exciting happening. Something to which I have arrived several pages late..."

He looked around at all of the people. Human's mostly, but there was one creature that caught his attention.

"Are you a Satoorian?!" he exclaimed to the gelatinous being who was in the process of either eating or healing the head of one of the humans. "I met a few of your kind before, fabulous people... What brings you to this side of the universe?"

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    Love to Write likes this.
  25. Keitsumah

Eve

Ahhh...."said Taylor, obviously physically clean but not mentally clean, "C'est la f...ing vie...."

I guess that means you feel better. Eve eyed the poison in her hand and quickly absorbed it, breaking the material down into its atomic levels so that it could no more harm her than anyone else.

"Are you a Satoorian?!" he exclaimed to the gelatinous being who was in the process of either eating or healing the head of one of the humans. "I met a few of your kind before, fabulous people... What brings you to this side of the universe?"

Eve jumped and looked over at the other being. That was the first that anyone had even recognized her species. Yes, I am. Though I cannot say that times like this are very pleasant. I was sucked by a black hole to here. I have no idea how to get back to my herd either... a note of despair entered her mind-voice at that, but Eve quickly shook it off. And oddly enough whatever dragged us all here seem to prefer your kind- I'm the only one who doesn't have four limbs and an internal skeleton. How strange...