1. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Plight Of 2299

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Chronicle535, Aug 23, 2012.

Plight Of 2299

History

Planet Earth has seen much war and bloodshed between an alien race known only as Lycans and the humans, and now humanity is on the brink of extinction. The Lycans are a monstrous race that takes the form of giant mutant beasts, and while they aren’t in that form they look as though they are completely human. There is no way to tell a Lycan from a human except for when they turn. They have skin as hard as steel and they are not easily defeated by conventional means except for a critical blow to the neck. In an never ending search for power, they travel space in a endless search for flesh which they use to fuel their almost demonic powers. Once the entire planet’s flesh has been consumed they destroy their previously inhabited world. If Lycans are kept from feeding on humans for too long they lose their powers and become vulnerable to attack. The Lycans invaded and dominated the human race and thwarted all efforts to defeat them, and all looked to be lost in the 22nd century.
    With the human race on the brink of extinction, science looked to the ancient legends and folk lore, and after countless failed experiments they created what they considered to be an ultimate race: the Vampire. These vampires, while they were created in a laboratory, mastered all kinds of combat skills and were equally effective against the Lycan threat. These Vampires were designed to feed upon the Lycans and with each Lycan they feed upon their demonic powers placed inside them by the scientists that created them grow more, powerful. The vampires aren’t as physically strong or bold as the Lycans but they make up for that with speed and strategy. Vampires, like the Lycans, will lose their powers and become unable to fight if they do not have a regular supply of Lycan blood.
    It has been 50 years since the birth of the first vampire and their war against the Lycans still wages on with neither side willing to surrender any ground they have gained. An Elite group of vampires was formed to combat the Lycans, but will they be enough to finally defeat this threat to planet Earth, or will the world crumble under the Lycans?

Game Play

This game is going to be a little different. Just as it is apparent there are two sides of this war, I feel that you should be free to choose what side you are on. Lycan, or Vampire? It’s up to you to decide. Develop your own storyline for your character. Are they against the war? Or are they for it so much they are willing to do anything to end it? The Lycans and Vampires have certain elements under their control such as: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Darkness. Their control over these elements should also reflect their personality.

Fire, the power of passion and rage, burning everything that stands in their path.

Water, fluid yet it can be solid when frozen, these characters should have a go with the flow attitude towards everything, but be a raging torrent when need be.

Earth, strong and reserved yet able to shake the world when angered.

Air, ever free flowing and uncontrolled, will blow away any enemy like a tornado would blow away a house.

Darkness, able to sink into the shadows without notice, the true power of an assassin comes out in the darkness and with precision they will take out a enemy with silence and speed.

Setting

You will start your character at your base, either Lycan, or Vampire. Since the world has been ravaged by the war supplies are limited, such as ammunition and flesh bringing the Lycans closer and closer to their goal, just to start. New battles are always occurring, anytime a Lycan meets a vampire hell is sure to unleash.
    The vampire base is located deep underground in Alaska. While the Lycan base is located high in the mountains of the Himalayas, so it may take awhile to reach each other, because naturally no one knows what else is out there. As of right now the Lycans are planning an attack on one of the few remaining human colonies Lycans it is your job to do your best to destroy the human colonies and it is the Vampires job to save the humans your creators.

RULES

1-Do NOT control other characters without permission, which includes character dialogue and actions. It is each player’s decision on how their character reacts to situations.

2-GM is law and can break and modify his own rules without notice.

3-Send by character template to GM via Private Message for approval. Do NOT post until you have received approval. Your first post will be your character template in discussion forum.

4-No god-moding. Your character may have certain powers, but please keep in mind that he/she shouldn’t overpower the other characters, or make the story too easy to achieve. Strive for balance among all other players.

5-You cannot kill other players without permission of the player AND the GM

6-You may create your own NPCs, but sparingly, and only use them for short periods of time.

7- No out of character content (OOC). Keep that to the Discussion Thread.

8- Write the NEXT part of the story. Try to avoid re-capping. Keep your writing in the present when responding to previous posts and avoid re-telling of scenes.

9-No one-liners or short posts. Try to shoot for 100 words+. If possible, please give others a chance to respond before moving forward.

10-Abandoned characters will be simply dropped, but I’ll allow previous players back into the game at anytime.

11-FLAMING, INSULTING, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF HARSHNESS THAT IS DELIBERATELY USED TO HURT SOMEONE ELSE’S FEELINGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ALL, NOR ACCEPTED ANYWHERE ELSE AROUND THE FORUM.

12-Edit before posting.

13-View the Discussion Thread for less formal details and to direction in the game.

14-Dialogue from other characters should be put in BOLD type

15-Put your character’s name in the title of your post

16-More than one character is allowed but requires the permission of the GM.

17-Please feel welcome to make suggestions and negotiate with the GM!

18-Most of all HAVE FUN! I’ll try my best to make this a fun game for all. If you have any questions/comments anytime during the game, feel free to send me a Private Message.

Template for Character

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Brief Character History:

Personality:

Powers:

Combat Skills:

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any):

Miscellaneous info:

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Saran Icewolf

Medals chink together on his black military dress coat, hands placed in a relaxed position behind his back as Saran walked the halls of the underground base. He looked over the maintenance bay to see the progress of his squadron of Defenders which had been ravaged by the more advanced Lycan Dreadnaughts; though he took heart in the knowledge of knowing that the Dreadnaughts had taken their fair share of damage as well. He continued walking harshly looking the Defenders over. With a cold bellow he roared.

“REPORT!” The lead squadron mechanic ran up to him as fast as he could, stopped stared directly into Saran’s cold crimson eyes and saluted.

“General Saran Icewolf, sir, reports project we will have the squadron back to one hundred percent combat efficacy in twenty-four hours. We have only lost one Defender out of the entire fleet of 4000. But the rest of the fleet was severely damaged by the Lycan Dreadnaughts. Other than that ,sir, there is nothing to report.”

“We have intel that the Lycans are planning their next attack I need those Defenders ready in twelve hours.” Said Saran in a cold undertone before he raised his salute.

“They will be ready sir; I will have every available man working on the Defenders around the clock to have them ready for the next battle!” The lead squadron mechanic dropped his salute and ran off back the defender he had been working on previously. Saran walked out of the hanger and into the main base, upon entering the hallway he took an immediate left towards the war room.

“This needs to end.” Saran growled to himself.

4. Zachary Langferd

Zachary Langferd New Member

I paced the halls of the base restlessly. It had only been a few hours since we got back, but I was already bored. My job had been too easy. Long ranged assault, take 'em down and take 'em down fast. Hadn't even gotten close to the action, just dropped Lycans from over a thousand feet away. Rest was the order of the day now, but I have no need for rest. That mission had been a cake-walk, on my part. Others hadn't been so fortunate. But that's war for you. Casualties all around. Hell. Or playtime. Depending on your point of view.
    Resting in the base was definitely not playtime, though. There was absolutely nothing to do. The training arenas were laughably easy now. Anything new to be learned was out there on the battlefield. Now I could only hope and pray for a situation that would need my skill set in the very near future.

5. Eclipseangel

Eclipseangel Member

Garan Letarim

Garan bent over the lifeless Lycan at his feet and drew a gloved finger over it's sword wound.

"Mmmmmm, still fresh"

He looked around and the few humans in close vicinity were busy repairing defensers or rushing to other places. Then he lifted the arm of the Lycan, drew his claymore and cut off it's hand. He looked around again, but no one saw his way. And then, he lifted the hand to his mouth and started drinking.

"It is weird that the humans think this is gross though," he thought for himself while the blood flew down his throat. "It's just drinking blood." Mmmmm, sweet blood.

When he was finished, which did not take long because he didn't need much blood, he wiped his mouth with the back of his glove. He stopped a moment and looked at his glove. So much blood, yet he had lived in only 24 years. Well, that's what happen in times of war.

Garan sheated his claymore and got going to the training room. It was a long way, so he always had time to think about stuff. Was it right to kill the Lycans? Yes, they started it. But was it right to drink their blood? He'd thought of that before, and he never came to an answer. He had also tried to ask one of the humans, but they just walked away. The Lycans are dead when you drink, but do they deserve to get their body abused? He didn't know, he would probably never know. So he ended that thought line.
    When he came to the training room, it was locked, probably because we should strike back to the Lycans soon. With that in mind, he went to his room and slept, hoping he would find an answer.

6. LooneytoonM

LooneytoonM New Member

“I am Devidious Vita” I begin my mantra. Sat on the floor with my knees pulled against my chest, I gently rock back and forth.
    “Are you?” a voice whispers inside my heard. I attempt to renew my resolve and maintain my focus, repeating my mantra.
    “You’re a freak” the voice giggles at me. Ignoring the bait, I close my eyes into a meditative state.
    In all fairness it was a fact, I am a freak. A fact that I come to terms with, years ago. I was born a little different, still trained for war like so many others. I just had a flaw, a rare genetic flaw. Were I should have been a twin; the cells did not separate correctly. Now that annoyingly, insane second conscience existed with my own. My life was a constant battle, whether it is on the battle field or in my head. It seems my life is a constant struggle for control.
    “You are a boring and a broken old Lycan! Give it a rest already.” A full insane laughter rattles around my head. This flaw is going to be my death, I can feel it.
    So with both situations out of my control, I could either fight and survive or die. Not much choice in my options then, I sigh. I’d like I think I only do what I have to, to survive. However it’s not always my own doing, the slightest laps in concentration and that second conscience would decide its play time. Killing and slaughtering needlessly till I could regain control of my own body.
    “You know my name brother” the voice said between chuckles. My mind slipped, it always irked me when it called me brother. I retorted before I could stop myself “You’re a monster. As soon as I find away to shut you up for good the better.” As soon as the words leave my mouth I instantly regret them. I’ve given him what he wanted, acknowledgment.
    “I am Devidious Vita.” I start my mantra again, trying to reach my inner state of peace. I hope it’s not too late.
    “I am Devados Vita.” The voice spits “Brother.” He adds as an afterthought. My mask of concentration slips again. The familiar tugs of hijacking pull at my mind, filling my eyes with darkness.
    “N..o” I grasp
    “Come brother” he giggles at his victory. “It has been far too long since we last killed something, vampire or otherwise.” The cackling laughter of a madman escape what should be my lips, but are now his. My arm reaches for the Las-Bow on the floor next to me involuntary, grasping it. It activates with a mechanical whirl as the cogs and wheels extend it to full length. “Let’s go hunting.” He laughs again, exiting the door from his room. It was time to kill, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

7. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Kithri Shadowblade

kithri hurled a throwing knife at the training dummy. It hit the head next to ten other knives, all protruding from different vital spots. She was focused on the dummy and refused to let her mind replay the conversation finding place just moments before. She unleashed all her fury upon the unfortunate training dummy. Knife after knife, she sent flying, everyone of them found its mark.

She eventually ran out of throwing knives and proceeded to walk over and beat the dummy repeatedly with her fists. Her mind eye transforming the dummy to the offending lycan. She was so absorbed in her training that she didn`t realize there were someone behind her. The person lay a hand on her shoulder making her arm stop dead.

"Kithri what happened this time?" He asked with a sigh, it was her current boss. She growled at him and snatched up her throwing knives before hurrying away, stowing her knives away in their hidden pockets. "you already know what happened" she muttered. Carefully keeping her face turned away from him. She didn`t want him to see her tears. When she got out of sight she started running. She ran all the way to her chambers, stormed inside and locked the door. Then she settled on the bed and finally let the tears flow. "i was so close at killing him where he stood" she whispered to herself. "what would have happened to me then? Would i feel any better?"

8. BlizzardHarlequin

BlizzardHarlequin New Member

Mathai Erakos

Leaning against the far corner of the training room, her arms crossed; Mathai watched the younger Lycans fooling around with training dummies. Most of them had anger in their eyes but no passion behind their fighting. She smirked; bit her lip and moved her head to stare at one of the trainee's at a table.

His name was Ephram. Shy fellow; kind of mocking in how much idiocy one man could hold. One thing that infuriated Mathai more than anything was foolishness and belief in negotiation with vampires. Sure; she wasn't necessarily the ultimate Lycan.. yet, but she was waiting all day with her boiling temperament to finally put a young Lycan on the spot. She loved to play with the emotional tether.

Slamming her hands on the table to startle the young Lycan, she gave a snide chuckle. "Pitiful. Truly pitiful. Your training is what I meant. Do you actually believe you'll end a vampire's life with such terrible tactics?"
    "Excuse me, but who are you to judge me? You ain't my commander." the boy mumbled, leaving his head down low to give off a certain tone that would usually mean business. Extraordinarily easy to see through when being tormented by Mathai.

"Take that tone off with me; also keep your chin up and no elbows on the table. It's rude and makes you seem like you don't give a crap." Mathai retorted; you could feel the venom in her facial expression and in her voice.

"Why do you always strut around like you're something to be worshiped? Just cause' your daddy was a captain of a small mercer group doesn't mean you have authority over me." Ephram snapped, jumping out of his seat and staring Mathai right in the eyes. He was much taller; but much more prone to snap. Mathai loved to see anger fill in their eyes; to get an ACTUAL piece of passion from them. They had none in fighting; well, maybe Kithri. She had a fire in her like you wouldn't believe. Mathai shrugged off the thoughts of the only girl she could really acquaint herself with and gave a wicked grin at Ephram.

"Oh, I do love to see you squirm; and bringing up my father? A brave move. Stupid, but brave." Mathai chuckled; and with that she spun on her heel, shoved one of the chairs away from her and walked off. She made sure he wouldn't get the feeling of conquering Mathai's ego.

She walked towards the chambers; when the trailing noise of someone crying came from Kithri's room. This was the time to show a truly charming side of her.

Knocking on the door, she whispered "Kithri..?" this tone was warmer, almost calming. She waited for a response.

9. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Kithri

Knocking on the door, she whispered "Kithri..?" this tone was warmer, almost calming. She waited for a response.

It was someone else this time, someone probably sent by the concerned boss.

"go away, i don`t need your help!" She replied. Then at a second thought wiped her tears away and went to open the door, despise her words.

The voice had been the warm voice of someone who actually cared, not the irritated voice of someone being forced. outside stood a girl, what-was-her-name-again. oh it was Mathai. That better-than-all-others girl.

"what do you want?" She carefully scanned Mathais face for any emotion that may show her purpose. She looked out in the hallway to check whenever anyone else had heard her, obviously not. She shot Mathai one last curious look, then she stepped backwards, making room for Mathai to enter if she should wish so.

10. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Saran Icewolf

Saran entered the War-room and began going over the intel he had recieved previously. "Damn it... We are fighting an up-hill battle... But, still the humans created us to defeat the lycan threat, as a last desparate attempt to save their race. What we need is a team of the best Vampires with exceptional abilities and war records." Saran looked at each vampire's docier until he could find such vampires he could trust wouldnt needlessly die in the field. Then he stumbled accross a name...

Flax Skytteren, report to the War-room Immediately... Repeat Flax Skytteren, report to the War-room Immediately... Saran's voice rumbled over the PA system

11. Zachary Langferd

Zachary Langferd New Member

Flax

As my name booms out over the PA, a smile creeps onto my face. I begin to move to the war-room, walking fast but maintaining no semblance of a hurry. It was time for some action. I hope it's going to be overawe and obliterate this time. So much satisfaction from wiping out hundreds of lycans all at once. I reach the entrance to the war-room and knock, following standard procedure.

12. BlizzardHarlequin

BlizzardHarlequin New Member

Mathai Erakos (Kithri's Chamber, Lycan base)

As the door swung open and Kithri emerged from the faint glow in her chamber; Mathai's facial expression became unreadable. She did love to change her mood with a click of the fingers; something she had used to her advantage against ignorant Lycan soldiers and overly strategic vampires. What emotions they cannot find gives away no faltering weakness.

Kithri had passion for battle, one of only a few that Mathai felt truly understood the strategy and the tedious expeditions towards destroying the vampires and ambushing the humans for glorious feasts. Oh yes, Mathai could see her name written on the plaque of extraordinary Lycans.

Kithri shuffled a bit to the side; making a clear pathway into her chambers for Mathai.
    "For a second there I believed you wouldn't let me in. That would've been a crucial mistake if I ever saw one." Mathai remarked with a serious demeanor. She crossed her arms and walked into the room to make a bee-line for a chair in the corner.
    "So, Kithri.. I heard your cries from down the hallway. Are you sure they were not cries of desperation; to be recognized for who you are?" Mathai paused to see the reaction on her face. "I believe those were cries of someone who doesn't feel they're being treated right. Who is getting you down?"

Mathai was acquainted with Kithri; she knew her weaknesses. Something that could prove to be exploitable in the near future; if something was ruining Mathai's chances of glory. That is what pleased Mathai the most; the unreadable exterior that no one could falter. Not a weakness in sight; not for no one. The only weakness Mathai knew and tried to conquer it everyday.

Mathai gave a smile; not a true smile; no, it was a snide smile. The kind of grin that would make blood boil or send shivers down your spine. She was deep in thought about what Kithri had replied.

"Well, it's great to see that no tears are falling now. Commanders aren't ones for emotions. That is why I believe I would be an upstanding member if I was ever one. I assure you that will happen." Mathai slipped herself out of the chair, dusting off her tutu-like skirt. As she walked towards the door, a sly glow flashed in her eyes.

"Well, it's been a pleasure to hear from you again. I think I'll let myself out." Mathai swung open the door and gave Kithri a quick glance.
    "You should also get a dustpan and brush in here." Mathai irked Kithri one more time before storming down the hall; her boots clacking towards her chamber.

13. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Kithri

"For a second there I believed you wouldn't let me in. That would've been a crucial mistake if I ever saw one." Mathai remarked with a serious demeanor. She crossed her arms and walked into the room to make a bee-line for a chair in the corner.
    "So, Kithri.. I heard your cries from down the hallway. Are you sure they were not cries of desperation; to be recognized for who you are?" Mathai paused to see the reaction on her face. "I believe those were cries of someone who doesn't feel they're being treated right. Who is getting you down?"

She had heard her cries? Shit she needed to take more precautions. Mathai wore a face of stone. So they played that game? Well Kithri could play too. She made her expression unreadable like Mathai, and was just about to reply when Mathai spoke again, wearing a smile like you would wear clothes.

"Well, it's great to see that no tears are falling now. Commanders aren't ones for emotions. That is why I believe I would be an upstanding member if I was ever one. I assure you that will happen." Mathai slipped herself out of the chair, dusting off her tutu-like skirt. As she walked towards the door, a sly glow flashed in her eyes.

"Well, it's been a pleasure to hear from you again. I think I'll let myself out." Mathai swung open the door and gave Kithri a quick glance.
    "You should also get a dustpan and brush in here." Mathai irked Kithri one more time before storming down the hall; her boots clacking towards her chamber.

Kithri`s mouth almost fell open. Why were she in such a hurry? "Why are you leaving so fast? Is it because you realized i'm not inferior just because my true form isn't so scary? Or is it because were sent by the boss and since i don't cry anymore your mission is done?" The words flew from her mouth, she regretted them the moment they did. What would Mathai think of her now? would she mock her, now that she knew her troubles?

Then she realized the worst part, she had just told Mathai her weakness. Mathai was one to use those kind of things. She quietly growled at herself for being so foolish. She had just lost the game she was so certain at winning.

14. LooneytoonM

LooneytoonM New Member

Devidious Vita, skulking the halls of Lycan HQ

Five dead humans was the latest toll, five more humans lay dead at my hands, hands that I could not control. no, not my hands.
    the thought rattles though walled off section in my head. At least he could not hear my thoughts there.

"Don't be so glum, brother" the voice laughs "I don't need to hear your thoughts to know how you feel."
    I remain silent, simply starting to hum to the earth tune "Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm" it was the best song I've heard, but it was the first that popped into mind. Something was better than nothing to remain focus.

"Still, it was one of my better days. I'll see I can make it six next time." a vague image of a man flashes in my mind. A face full of amusement.

I wish I could make him be silent! I had tried everything since returning to HQ after the hunt, everything to clear my mind. I hated killing, and I hated this stupid flaw. I even attempted to go to the training room earlier that day, now being an anti-social creature that was hard enough as it was. It did pay occasionally to check out the up and coming talent. Even so taking frustration out on a dummy was no relief from the constant nagging of that damn voice. Still there was never a dull day in the training room. One pretty little Lycan with long brown hair had stormed out in a huff. it never paid to show any outward emotion.

She'll probably pay it, at some point There was someone always willing to take advantage of people displaying emotions.

So after all my failed attempts of occupying myself, I had resigned to skulking around the ever busy hallways of HQ. Waiting for my next assignment. Things had been quiet for far to long.