1. Bick

Bick New Member

Surprise, Surprise.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bick, Jul 29, 2007.

So I got my card from my grandparents. Weird as it's Sunday, but I'm sure It came yesterday.

As I posted on the other board, they made rude comments on my sisters birthday card. So I was prepared for the same on mine.

First, there was the thing my grandfather said, not appropriate for a birthday card, but it wasn't as bad as that letter.

"Angela please don't fool yourself by being lazy and (i can't tell what this word is, but it looks like slutting... I highly doubt it's that so yeah.) off from the right thing to do such as study ...."

It wasn't that bad and I suppose it could be good advise :p

Then there came my grandmothers two page message. It makes me wonder if she had no idea about that letter. She wrote about memories as me as a baby. Then she wrote after talking about using my brains to do well in school. (I wonder how she thinks I have those.)

"You can do it!! Do your best!! I am very proud of you and love you so very much."

Why was that exactly shocking to hear from her? Anyways, I suppose I don't really hate them anymore. Now I feel bad for not going out this summer and watch me lose one of them this year.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Your life sounds like a soap opera...

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

i know that things might seem abd with them at the momeny sunshinee, but i promise you, you will regret it if you do not make up and you never have the chance. ahd a similar problem with my grandparents recently. they had fallen out with my mam big time (after we moved country without telling them!!) but i ended up just swalling my pride and going around. i feel so much better now knowing that i sopke to them incase anything happens, 'cos lets face it, at 80 they aint not spring chickens. lol.

4. Banzai

My family is so boring. They never fall out. They just annoy each other endlessly...

5. Heather Louise

hahaa, my mams side of the family would get bored if they didn't kill each other every now and then. :p

6. Bick

Bick New Member

Yeah =P I have the lovely fact that both of them are slowly falling apart. My grandmother can barely remember what I told her five minutes ago. It's a wonder she can still drive. Then my grandfather's health is down.

-big hugs to heather- I will take your advice. I have to call them and say thank you for the 200$ check anyways. I'm surprised I got anything at all, but 200 made it an even bigger shocker.

7. Heather Louise

you'll feel loads better fi you do hunni, i promise you. :)

8. Bick

Bick New Member

ROFL I just saw that. It made me literally laugh out loud :p I wish. My life would be just a bit more exciting.

9. Banzai

You should write it as a story.

10. Bick

Bick New Member

My life? It'd be pretty boring though.

11. Heather Louise

so then make it so damn interesting in your novel and real life, that we are all envious and want to be like yo.

12. Banzai

Not from what I've heard.

13. Bick

Bick New Member

That's only because this year has been eventful. Note most weren't /good/ events. Maybe that makes my life depressing? Rofl.

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Try to see your life as an outside observer might. Nearly everone thinks their own life is boring until they see it through someone else's eyes. You're familiar witj it, and the familiar never seems interesting.