1. Long Gone

Long Gone Guest

Hello All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Long Gone, Apr 20, 2008.

I'm 20, I live in the north of England (where its the coldest). I write in my spare time, which I have a lot of at the moment due to the loss of my full-time job. I'm the sort of person who gets ridiculed for my hobby by less-talented and immature friends, but my hobby is my hobby so it doesn't bother me.

Besides writing, I enjoy playing around with the insides of my cars engine and, more often than not, creating big invoices from the local repair garage. I'm a big movie fan, but only if we're going to the cinema because its always better. I like to go out at least a couple of weekends a month and spend my money in the pubs and clubs, no matter how bad my head feels the next day.

Currently, my girlfriend and I are lodging with my parents until we can afford our own place, which isn't looking very probable given current house prices and empty bank accounts. Oh, and I have a dog. Called Kea. Who eats all my decent shoes and leaves the crappy old ones.

2. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hey, Scott. Nice Intro :). Welcome to WF.org.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Scott, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Small minds take pleasure in belittling others who climb peaks they themselves can only dimly even perceive.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Hey there Scott......all non-writrs ridicule cos they're J that thy can't write.....;)

5. Long Gone

Long Gone Guest

Yes, I've had a run-in with the review rule already. At first I was a little confused but it seems a good idea. After all, wanting peoples views on my writing is the reason I came here in the first place so its all good.

Thanks for the kind words folks. Hopefully I'll get to read pieces from some of you in the future.

6. Quills By Pen

Quills By Pen Active Member

Welcome to the forum Scott
    Enjoy your time spent within its walls.

Quills

7. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome :)