1. The Albatross

The Albatross New Member

Nothing you haven't seen before.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Albatross, Dec 20, 2007.

Here I go again...

I'm an "aspiring" writer. The reason for the quotes is that I'm not truly sure if I want to be a writer, as much as I enjoy it I can find no truly great ideas to keep me hooked to write about it.

I haven't written in a very long time, so my hope it revitalize my writing in the role-playing forums.

So, as I should, I give a shout out to all veterans of the site and upcoming members. Heyo!

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Albatross, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Perhaps you'd prefer the term "exploring writer"? However you term it, I hope you'll find something here that suits you and inspires your creativity.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Writing Workshops, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Writing Workshops, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Writing Workshops on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just bulletin boards for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Sayso

Sayso New Member

Hello from one of the veterans (age wise).

See you around and enjoy yourself.

4. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you here and I hope that you stick around. Oh and don't be so harsh on yourself, just let writing come naturally or not.

5. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

You don't have to be committed to writing to be a writer. By definition, anybody who writes is a writer - okay I'm just being freaky now. But my point is that write if you want to, don't push yourself - needless to say unless you have to. Other than that, welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy it here.

6. The Albatross

The Albatross New Member

All these senior members; how intimidating.

I was a senior member back in my old forum before it went to ****.

7. Kid At <3

Kid At <3 New Member

Hey, Albatross! Welcome to the forums! Smile Smile and Enjoy your day! :)

8. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome.

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello The Albatross, and a big warm welcome to WF.org, the friendliest and craziest forum on the world wide web.
    It is wonderful that you have come here to join us and share your writing and opinions with all of us.
    If you would ever like a review simply PM myself or one of the other Reviewers and we will be more than happy to help out. You can find the list of reviewers by clicking on the Forum Leaders button at the bottom of the forum. :)
    I do hope that your stay with us is long and prosperous. :)
    Welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing you around the boards in the very near future.

Thank you kindly

Torana