1. Argle

Argle New Member

Revisions

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by Argle, Feb 1, 2011.

Is there some way to update your thread title? I think it would be nice to be able to update titles to show when the last update was.

Meaning, I would love the ability to change my novel review post title from "Adventris" to "Adventris [1st Rev, 1/28]" to "Adventris [New Intro 1/31]," etc. so that people would know that I'm actually updating things.

This is especially important for novels since I'm planning on coming back and asking for help on other parts of the book (one scene at a time). I believe it says somewhere that we're supposed to keep things in the same thread if they're from the same story or book... Do most Mods/Members expect everything to be kept in one place?

Should I just post a new thread for revisions? If not, what about separate scenes/chapters/pages?

Am I worried about something that doesn't matter since most people will check for updates anyway? (or because of another explanation?)

I'm just wondering since I'm new, and I want to understand what the rules and expectations are.

2. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

I don't think you can in the inital thread, but you can on new posts though. You can only change the subtitle of the thread but not the main head of it. It would be nice if you could do that to, and I also changed the title of my novel as well. It was called Manifestation until I changed it to a different one.

3. Argle

Argle New Member

Yeah, I knew that much, and that's what I suspected. It definitely would be nice... :/

4. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Its a bit of a pain but you have to put revisions on the thread - which bumps it up. Only thing you could do is approach the people who have already posted and let them know there are revisions.

I tend to find my revisions get lost, people who have already commented don't come back and new people don't check for them - what does help is deleting the original post and putting see further down for rewrite.

You can I think as a mod to change thread title - would be nice for it to be more fluid as a lot of mine have changed - Socrates and Nate's first day is now Little Chicks, Stitching Time is now Socrates' Children, Angus!! is now Someone Else's Life etc

5. Argle

Argle New Member

Ok... :( I'm definitely feeling that my revision isn't getting any views because of how many posts there are in the thread already (it's only 19, but that's a lot for the novel forum)... I wish we could get a moderator's opinion here.

6. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

which thread is it ? I can't do anything indepth (have deadlines) but can give it a read through.

7. Argle

Argle New Member

I settled for putting it in my signature. I think that's the best passive-aggressive (which is what I tend towards) way to do it. :)

8. Cornys

Cornys New Member

I beleive that you can change your topic title... I did on a thread that I just posted in the wrong section.

9. Argle

Argle New Member

Hmm... I can't seem to figure it out. :/ Changing the "title" thing didn't change the overall title.