1. Prettyroser

Prettyroser New Member

Closing a thread

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Prettyroser, Apr 27, 2009.

Hey I:m just having a quick problem and I can:t find my answer FAQ.

How I do close a thread I posted in novel? I can close it in writing discussion but I cant close it on the novel thread. What am I missing?

Also sorry for the numerous typos, Japanese keyboards are tricky for writing English

2. Castlesofsand

Castlesofsand Banned

i believe you have to ask a moderator to assist you, Prettyroser.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Also, WHY do yoi wish to close the thread? Review Room thrads are begun by the author, byt the author does not own the thread. Te members who are critiquing te writing have an investment in the thread. Indeed, the focus of the Review Room is the critiquing process.

If you don't intend to leave the writing there indefinitely, you shouldn'y post it there to begin with.

Of course, situations do change, and if tat is the case, the moderators are glad to help.

4. Prettyroser

Prettyroser New Member

Not for me then...

Well if I wish to get a story published I do not want it in the public domain for obvious reasons. I am sorry but I missed in the rules where it said by posting on this site you lose all control of your story. I didnt realize it became this sites property and that I could never remove it from public if I wished to, but now that I know that rule I have done what I can to remove it.

Luckily I only posted a few things, but I will certainly never post here again. Thank you for creating this nice site. I enjoyed my time here, but I cannot agree with the story becoming reviewers property and since I don:t intend on leaving my writing here indefinitely, I definitely shouldnt post here.

Since I didnt know this to begin with I would appreciate if the moderators would delete the thread for Pugs Paradox that I posted. If not hopefully I can still get it published one day in a more final drafted form even though some of it is now permanently available to the public due to Imposters quote of it. Of course I truly appreciate his comments and the other reviewers.

Also since I wont be posting here anymore I dont need an account here. Can I atleast delete that?

5. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

I think you misunderstood a few things...

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

To my knowledge, no account has ever been deleted from the site. It isn't how we operate. Some accounts have been banned with a note that it was by member request rather than a disciplinary action, but normally the account remains in case the member decides eventually to return.

Banzai is right. A story posted IS published, in the eyes of publishers, and removing the posting does not nullify the previously published status. It doesn't even matter whether it can be found on archive sites. The fact that it COULD exist outside the publisher's control is sufficient to invalidate any publishing contract.

If you are ever found to have sold prior publication rights fraudulently, you will jeopardize existing and future contracts with ANY publisher.

So if the piece you are working on is meant to be submitted for publication, DON'T post any more than a short excerpt anywhere, even 'temporarily'.