1. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

No Customization

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by J.P.Clyde, Jun 25, 2011.

There is no customization for the blog? I was hoping to make it look like my user profile. Black and white. Is this a feature we can add?

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I have a feeling that this level of customisation would be included with the upgrade, for which we're currently fundraising.

3. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

Thank you sir for notifying me. If my financial situation changes, I will look forward to also donating to the cause of upgrading the forums.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I don't know what will be contained in a new version of the vBulletin software. If I were Daniel, I wouldn't install the absolute newest version. I'd look for a version that has proven stable over a few months of use.

But I'm not Daniel.

And I haven't looked at the vBulletin site to see what customizations are supported by the newer versions. I do know that whatever version he does get, it will be pretty much out of the box, other than the plugins he has already acquired.

Customizations aren't usually free, and new customizations and upgrades can cause stability issues that take time to resolve.

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Blog customization should be possible (I think it might already be). It more a decision of should they be customized or should they have a uniform look. The upgrade should give us access to several upgrades that were developed for free but are only available to users of the latest major version.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I would request the moderators have veto power to reset customizations that may be intended to make content difficult to inspect. Itmay seem to make little sense, but spammers have often made links nearly invisible to attempt to avoid detection. The fact that it makes the links less likely to snare the unwary clicker seems to matter little to them.