1. Viridian

Viridian Member Supporter

Nora roberts

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Viridian, Sep 25, 2015.

Has anyone read any books by Nora Roberts? I see she has written a phenomenal amount of books and i was thinking of ordering a few, though i'm not sure which ones. I've been reading mixed reviews about her more recent stuff, that her writing is 'slipping' and its pretty much the same story lines re-hashed.

Just wondered if anyone on here had any thoughts or could recommend one or two of her books.

Thanks
    V

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I've read Northern Lights. It was good. Kind of the standard romance/detective story. It didn't make me want to go out and buy all her books but I'd read another one of hers if someone handed it to me.

3. Viridian

Thanks @GingerCoffee, there's so many to choose from. I fancy the cousins o'dwyr trilogy but the reviews weren't great, the main reason being that its very similar to two of her earlier trilogies, but given i haven't read any of her books i may just enjoy them. I just had a look at her new book under one of her other names (j d rob) in the shop Sounds interesting but its cheaper from the book depository. I'm mostly intrigued about the quality of her writing/ideas given how much she churns out.

4. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

I just got done with Delusion In Death, one of the J.D. Robb books. Seriously disappointing. I don't think she's actually trying anymore.

5. Viridian

Yeah thats what i've been reading about her. Maybe ill give her a miss, just started the daughter of smoke and bone trilogy by laini taylor, only a couple of chapters in but hooked already.

6. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

It's excellent.

Viridian likes this.
  7. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

I guess The Daughter Of Smoke And Bone will be coming to a theater near you soon. I can't find anything about a release date, only that they were finalizing a script last spring and something about having a cast in mind.

8. Viridian

Im glad i've started the book before the movie comes out then. I cant do it the other way round, it really bugs me