1. Arathald

Arathald Contributing Member

Norwescon 2011

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Arathald, Apr 25, 2011.

I went to Norwescon in SeaTac, WA this weekend, and it was outstanding. Jim and Shannon Butcher, Kat Richardson, and Craig English were probably my favorite panelists, though there were a lot who did an incredible job. My knowledge of writing has grown quite a bit, and I now have a list of probably about two dozen books that were recommended to me over the weekend that I should read.

I managed to get a copy of White Night signed by Jim Butcher, and my kindle signed by both Jim and Shannon! It's like they signed every book they ever have and ever will publish :D

[​IMG]

Did anyone else make it out to this? I'd be interested in hearing what you thought.

2. Pallas

Pallas Contributing Member Contributor

What was this event exactly; seems from your description it was a gathering of writers. At any rate, it is always nice to get the sigs of a fave professional you follow.

3. Arathald

Arathald Contributing Member

It's a large SciFi/Fantasy/SpecFic convention in the Seattle area. You can find info on it by typing its name into your favorite search engine, if you're interested. It was a great time, I can't believe I've never gone to a writing or SpecFic convention before.

4. Torana

Torana Contributing Member Contributor

I got back from a convention on Monday, was a SciFi/Fantasy/SpecFic one as well, although in Australia. Conventions are great to go to. Glad you had such a great time.