1. J.J. Olivier

J.J. Olivier New Member

This is me introducing myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by J.J. Olivier, Dec 17, 2015.

The difficult question one faces when introducing oneself to a group of writers is how to do so without seeming to be trying too hard. I will not prove my writing prowess to you in these first moments, of that I am absolutely certain. Still, one attempts to prove in whatever feeble way a right to be a member of the group.

Consider this my chest thump.

In order to master any worthwhile skill one must continually work to hone that skill. My earnest hope is to find other writers like myself that I can learn from, bounce ideas off of, and strengthen myself as a writer. I also want to be that soundboard for others.

I guess the best thing to say is that I have a lot of stories to tell. Help me tell mine and I will help you tell yours.

2. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

Hi, J.J.!

I'm still pretty new around these parts, but it certainly sounds like you're in the right place. I've found this forum to be amazing! It's packed with information about writing, and filled with other writers - many of whom are already published - who are willing to help.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Welcome J.J. :)

I've certainly found the place to be a continuing source of inspiration, feedback and support. Just stay on and try not to be too impatient. As with all good things, establishing relationships takes time but it is worthwile, rest assured!

4. J.J. Olivier

J.J. Olivier New Member

Thank you to you both. I have spent the last few days just poking around and seeing what there is to see. I will start posting a bit more from now on and work on building those relationships, as you say. If you ever need a reader or a second opinion, feel free to message me (to get my attention) if I haven't found the post yet and I will give you my two cents worth. Thank you again!

Lifeline and datahound2u like this.