1. cruelrabbit

cruelrabbit New Member

Over the hills and far away.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cruelrabbit, Dec 7, 2013.

I am here because I am lost. This forum is the lonely pub on the moors to my ragged traveler, rain stung and dog tired. I am here looking for something, but I am not sure what it looks like. Or even if it exists.

I’m currently studying Game Development at university, born from a lifelong desire to create…something. A world? I’ll admit I’ve never been satisfied with this one. It’s too tricky, a slippery little beast that I can’t quite get a grip on. I decided at an early age that if I couldn’t find my place in this world, then I would fabricate my own. This urge has dogged me my entire life, and I have been unable to find a release for it. For various reasons, it has never panned out. I am now 38.

I have always loved computer games, and I am currently studying Games Development at university. I was so sure that this was the answer I sought. Here was my means to create worlds. I would learn to program and virtual Genesis would be mine. There was one eventuality that had I had not considered, though. As I progress through studies, it’s become apparent that I have absolutely no programming talent what so ever. Not one, single iota. The clock is ticking. Genesis will not wait. I fear it is time to leave, and press onwards.

What I seek is my world-building tool. I’ve always enjoyed writing; some even said that I was good at it. But that was literally half a lifetime ago. I need to flex those muscles again, become lean and hungry for the blank page again. I think this forum might be the place I need; a literary gymnasium.

Anyhow, I apologize for the rambling intro. I guess I got lost in the moment! Without further ado let me just say – hello!

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, cruelrabbit! (I hope you're not TOO cruel - I have visions of the killer rabbit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail!) Please read the rules, participate, and have fun here. It's a great place to learn, and many of our members are involved in world-building projects just like you. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Welcome to the forum!