1. Sir Cameron

Sir Cameron New Member

Now how do I write this?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Sir Cameron, Aug 27, 2007.

So for my plot, I've got this guy, who goes through life doing the typical stuff. Then he dies. He then wakes up in a new body, new time, new person, new everything, and he essentially lives their life until the time has come for him to die. I've got a few twists in there (hoping to make it a little Psychological-well a lot actually) and I was hoping you guys could just throw out some ideas for me. Writing style mostly, I don't know how I want to write this.

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Interesting.
    I'd write it up almost like a series of short stories. Maybe have journal entries between chapters, as he wonders what the hell is going on and such.

Only advice I can give you.

3. Skipdonahue

Skipdonahue New Member

You definitely want to go with the 1st person perspective in something like this. Does he die and only live the one other life, or does he do this over and over?

Sounds a little Quantum Leap to me if he does it over and over ;)

4. Montag

Montag New Member

Lost Highway. Like the director said, it's a film in the form of a mobius strip .

It might take a few viewings to understand, but I'm sure that on some level it will be relevant to what you are writing.

Also, I'd tend to agree with the first-person perspective.

5. Karpi

Karpi New Member

how the heck does it work without first-person?
    you could add in parts where he forgets hes a new person and returns to some old routines, id find that interesting

6. Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny New Member

It reminds me of that film in "Adaptation" where the twin brother (a beginning screen writer) tries to figure out how all of his characters can actually perform the action because they are all the same person with a multiple personality. I'd say just try a few "test" stories and see how it goes. One of the most difficult things to do in novel writing is to design the novel, including pov's and everything. Frankly, it is often a matter of experience. What works for someone else might not work for you. So try many paths. I don't have any specific tips because a story like that is not something I would consider.