1. Midge23

Midge23 Member

Now willing to put in the work.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Midge23, Feb 2, 2015.

Hello,

When I was a teenager, I wanted to be a motorcyclist - to that end, I did absolutely nothing. Ten years later I did my licence and haven't looked back.

In my early 20's, I felt drawn to writing, to telling a great story that would, of course, make me rich and famous. I bought what was, at the time, an expensive word processor (now confined to the technological junk pile) and spent even more money on a writing course.

I then discovered beer.

I produced the sum of nothing for all that money spent, but did enjoy quite a few spectacular hangovers.

Now, 20 years later, with my motorbike parked out the front of the house saying to me, 'what took you so long?', I am going to put in the work that I was never prepared to do as a stupid young man.

I have now discovered wine.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :) Seems like you have a knack for writing! I hope there's no correlation between twenty years of what-to-do-where-to-go and alcoholic beverages. :p

Anyway, here's our New Member Guide to get you started. I hope you'll like it here. :)

-Kat

3. Midge23

Midge23 Member

Thanks Kat. I don't see any correlation between the consumption of alcohol and being able to produce nothing of worth. My wife disagrees.

I have enough wine in the cupboard under the stairs to wipe out the next ten years, so I shall limit myself to the odd glass, now and then, just for inspiration!

Dave

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.