1. Ashley868

Ashley868 New Member

Oct 7 2008

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ashley868, Sep 22, 2008.

Oct 7 2008

According to that article, they think something big could happen on Oct 7, 2008. It's something that is as big as 9/11 and will go down in history. Between Sept 22 to Sept 27 we should be paying better attention to the media to see exactly could be going down.
    I'm not really sure if I believe it. I've been discussing it with other people and wanted to ask more people's opinions. Is it just something to make us fear this date, kind of like Dec 21 2012? Don't know how many people have heard about that.

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

A few flaws here. First off, 2012 Golden Age? Sounds like a nut sight to me and generally, nut sights, no matter who is editing them or monitoring them, are not reliable sources of information.

Second, one forecast is being made with Web Bots. Now Web Bots are certainly fascinating technology but they're hardly reliable. Sure a Web Bot predicted something would happen on 9/11 but that's all it did. It said "Something happens on 9/11."

Thing is, that was one out of dozens of predictions that did not happen or in effect were irrelevant. The Web Bots can say something is going to happen on a given day but big news, something big happens everyday. They aren't always things we take notice of but something big is always happening. The Media just doesn't always report it.

In short, the Web Bot can say something will happen tomorrow, but that prediction like most, is so vague and unspecific that the Japanese could bomb pearl harbor for a second time tomorrow by coincidence and the event to which the web bot was refering too could be a major corporate buy out.

Web Bots are like any other "psychic." Sure they're neat, but you can't scan the internet for terrorist attacks or the unexpected (not without some major data mining which web bots don't do and is itself not a sure way of finding things out).

I'm ignoring the precognizant dreamer thing because its pseudoscience and holds no value.

3. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Cthulu. It'll be Cthulu.

Bloop.

Wikipedia is becoming a serious problem for me.

4. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I'll take a random stab in the dark and say it'll be like any other day. You'll wake up, do your dailiy chores, go to sleep and wake up the day after.

People will be born, people will fall in love and people will die, like every othe day!

I'll most likely sleep in that day though. (NOTE - i have heard of this thing though)

5. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

Weren't they just saying something would happen this month? I remember reading about it on another forum I visit...

I never believe those doom theories. It seems like there's a new one every few weeks.

6. Scattercat

Scattercat Active Member

It's all that Evo Shandor's fault. He went and built that crazy building and then did those rituals on top of it. Bizarre rituals, designed to bring about the end of the world, and now it looks like it might actually happen!

7. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

That'd be awesome! :D

But seriously. Nothing's gonna happen. Like nothing happened at the turn of the millenium, and nothing happened when they tested the Large Hadron Collider.

8. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

Er...it's Cthulhu. :D Better get it right or he'll do something nasty and...tentatcly.

Oct. 7th? The day before my birthday. Oh well, I hate my birthday anyway.

9. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Come now Banzi. Breaking is a lot harder than it looks when you've funneled millions into the project :p. I can only hope that if I build a really expensive gizmo it breaks too XD.

10. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

It's kind of hard for me to take that article seriously when I see this: "NATO Helicopter Intercepts Three UFOs over Italy-UFO Casebook Files" in the upper left hand corner.

11. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Haha, boosh.

12. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Haha, Time Monks. It doesn't matter what we do, sh*t happens. It probably won't happen then, but it will sometime. Nothing we can do.

13. Ashley868

Ashley868 New Member

Yeah, that's true. I've actually been reading more of the articles on that website and have decided I am an idiot... oh well. Now I've got a friend convinced that she needs to stay in her house all that day. I've told her to read the other articles on there but she won't listen. Oh well, she'll see on that day nothing is going to happen. Just like everyone will on Dec 21 2012. Kind of did wonder if it was another fluke like that date...

14. destinationless

destinationless New Member

:p I laughed at everyone who assumed it would ultimately destroy the earth; the lack of logic in -that- theory was ridiculous. I celebrated; the LHC was activated on my birthday. (Nerd alert.)

The best four words... ever. :D

The 'article,' although I seriously hesitate to label it as such, seems hilariously false. And the Web site in general looks like someone has a tad too much time on his hands, and it's going to drive him round the bend, if it hasnt yet already.

I wouldnt worry about it. -Remember 06/06/06? I distinctly remember Hell, Michigan hosting a party. I wished I had been there for the celebrations.

-D