1. TechnoGoth

TechnoGoth New Member

How to kill a prince

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by TechnoGoth, Jan 14, 2014.

In my second book I have a character who is trying to murder the main character a 16 year old prince. The assassin is trained in infiltration, knives, and poison. She and the prince also know each other very well. The prince is in the headquarters of a powerful organization sort of like being in the heart of Vatican City. Few people know who he really is and have access to the inner sanctum where he lives and studies. The assassin is keeping her presence in the country a secret, like a ghost, and she is ensuring that the attempts can’t be linked to her.

Her first attempt involves lacing his favourite candy with an untraceable poison and having it delivered to his room.

For her third attempt she infiltrates into the Inner Sanctum and attempts to stab him in his sleep.

But before she gets to the point that she is willing to take that risk, I want her to try at least one more time. So I’m brainstorming ideas for how else she might attempt to assassinate the prince.

So how would you try an murder a prince if you were in her place?

2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

If they know each other well, how about she invites him for a romantic walk and plans to push him off a cliff? Or perhaps he'd go on a hunt and she tries to shoot him...

Anything that could make it look like an accident ;)

3. TechnoGoth

TechnoGoth New Member

I can't believe I forgot the staged accident. I even have it jotted down in my original notes.

I just hope you realize that this means I've going to have to rework and reorganize the first few chapters of my book. Since I have to attempt the accident first before moving on to poison. Now I just have to decide on the accident a falling roof tile, or maybe an icicle. Hmm...

But any other ideas then keep them coming.

4. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

Why didn't the poisoned candy work ? Assuming the prince occasionally leaves his sanctum, a long-range rifle shot would work, assuming rifles have been invented (you didn't mention the time in which the story takes place).

5. TechnoGoth

TechnoGoth New Member

The poisoned candy doesn't work because he feeds a small piece to his pet bird as a treat and then gets distracted by other things before he can try it himself.

The time period is roughly similar to the 16th century, one nation has developed early firearms but they are still rare and the assassin wouldn't have access or the inclination to use one.