1. lemonhead

lemonhead New Member

So...I'm an adult...and I read Twilight....

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by lemonhead, Aug 4, 2008.

Okay....let's just say I usually don't get into 1. fantasy or 2. young adult (okay I might be stretching the truth on the young adult part...lol) but anyways...I kept hearing about this whole breaking dawn twilight thing....and I kept just rolling my eyes.

Then I heard it was about vampires and that intruiged me just a little bit more since I had been comparing it to Harry Potter and I had no interest in reading about a pimply faced wizard kid...(sorry harry potter fans)

ANyways...then around here I kept seeing people with random quotes from it in the their signatures and I liked it....I liked the sarcasm and the slight edge....

So finally, when the bookstore was empty and I had some time to kill before my husband got off work I snuck in and bought a copy of Twilight.

Oh my goodness!!! I seriously felt like a 16 year old girl again, I didn't want to put it down.
    I am kind of just shocked that I liked it as much as I did....lol

To be fair, when it was first published I was still in the target demographic so I'm going to hang onto that to ease my embarresment. :p

2. Ungood

Ungood New Member

don't you hate it when a book does that to you?

3. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

I think that there is nothing wrong with reading books that publishers say are just for teenagers. Unless the person has a learning difficulty, I don't know any teenagers who are incapable of reading at an adult level, so quality teen fiction should be written at the same level. That being said, the only real difference between good adult and teen fiction would be the average age of the main characters, and you can find lots of books marketed to adults with teenage characters.

Personally, I just find the teenage mind more interesting than adults.

4. NothingMuch

NothingMuch New Member

Ugh! I'm so jealous. I have been trying to get my hands on this book all summer but it's always checked out at the library and I'm too cheap and too broke to buy it! My friends have read it and said it was fantastic.

5. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

The waiting list at my library is about 1200 people long.