[OOC] Fall of The Jedi

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Macaberz, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Macaberz you owe me now lol (and get on the PM!! I wanna see how Max reacts!)

we're working on a collab for another rp and my char just kicked the chair out from under his char and sat on him. :D

2. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Name: Kalamoro Ku-Adi (nickname: Kala)

Height: 6’ 0”

Role: Padawan

Race: Human

Appearance: http://goo.gl/Vv2FON - He wields a single red lightsaber

History: Kalamoro is considered an outcast and a suppressed adversary by many, even by some of the Jedi council. Brought up on an unknown planet called Darfivar and trained by the mysterious Sith Master Thugin, he was whisked away to the Jedi council to be tried when Thugin was killed by a Jedi. Only a young boy of 12 years, the council ran an examination on him, focusing particularly on whether he could be trained to become a Jedi for the light side of the force, for at the time there was a definite lack of younglings who could become padawans. After many days of questioning, it was discovered that Kalamoro did indeed have a dark side to him, but under the right teaching and guidance, he could become a great asset to the Jedi.

Once it was identified that Kala could be trained, several Jedi masters were approached, including the legendary Thoda Jo’kat, but all refused to accept the boy as their padawan. However, one Jedi master stepped forward – Caine Miller. He saw promise in the young lad, and accepted the role to be his master. After a few months, Caine realised that the dark side of the force was still present in Kala, as his attitude, clothing sense, and some say even his lightsaber, showed. Thus, it was decided that Kalamoro could not become a Jedi Knight until a few years after he was ready. This was so his dark side could be better controlled and the light side of the force could shine through.

Kalamoro uses a red crystal for his lightsaber, and for a while many members of the Jedi council believed it was a synthetic crystal created by the dark side of the force. However, it was discovered that it was in fact a natural Adegan crystal – rare things barely seen even in the Adega system itself. No one knows how Kalamoro got hold of such a crystal, although it is presumed that it was handed down to him by his previous master, Thugin.
    Now well into his Jedi training under strict observation of Caine Miller and his wise teachings, Kalamoro’s greatest skill is lightsaber combat.

Good traits: Honest, hard-working, determined.

Bad traits: Overconfident, rude, selfish.

Force skill: 10
    Lightsaber skill: 35
    Athleticism: 20
    Technical skill: 15
    Strength: 20

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  3. Keitsumah

oh boy i feel like Nami will have potential competition from your char Thomas. hmmm... :D

4. Thomas Kitchen

@Keitsumah - I thought that too. And there's no "potential" competition! ;) In all seriousness, though, it'll be interesting to see how our characters respond to one another. :D

Keitsumah and Love to Write like this.
  5. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

I am getting back to you now Thomas, had to go for dinner.

Thomas Kitchen likes this.
  6. Keitsumah

agreed. Chree will be convinced to try and make Nami the best jedi ever and nami... well she's just stubborn.

also, as for Vox, don't make Nami mad or your char will get bitten lol

7. Macaberz

Update:

First post will be up tonight. I can't put an exact ETA on it as I don't want to rush it, but yea, this party is getting started! Just to recap, you are all in the Jedi temple on Coruscant when the invasion begins. Some of you might be sleeping, others might still be up doing what Jedi's do in the dark of night...

Whilst the invasion completely overwhelms the defenses, the invaders haven't reached the temple just yet, so there are no enemies present. There might be the occassional shell crashing down on the surrounding buildings but the temple itself isn't (not intentionally at least) targeted. You might spot a few Sith outside (recognisable by their red lightsabers), advancing towards the temple. The rest of the invasion army is a mixture of several races, but mostly Killik and human.

8. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

Hitting the Jedi pub :p
    Can't wait to start, but do take your time. Quick question, are there children in the temple?

9. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

I think it might be a good idea if all the jedi masters formed a private convo to discuss how we all know each other and the dynamics involved in the relationships between them. With so few of us there chances are we'd be familiar with each other. Some of us would likely be friends, and some would be senior to others. If you guys think this makes sense and want to do it let me know. We'll get Macaberz in on it too

Love to Write likes this.
  10. Macaberz

@rhduke yes, most of the youngest Jedi's are in the temple, soundly asleep. I guess there would be about twenty or thirty in total. Unfortunately, I am going to postpone one more time.
    @Mottahko that might be a good idea.

Update (again).

Whilst I am reasonably happy with the opening that I have, I just want to do a few more tweaks to make sure that we'll be heading in a specific direction once we start. I also have some work left to do on the combat system, both in programming it and in explaining it to you guys. Therefore I am going to put this off until tomorrow. Sorry!

Then again, I think you'd all rather start with a bang, right? In the meantime, try to work out if your character might know some of the other characters, make some posts here describing briefly if they know each other or have a shared history. Be creative! Credit must be given were credit is due: I totally stole borrowed this technique from @Fan7asticMrFox. Also, the Master-Padawan pairs might want to create some backstory. How did the Master meet the Padawan? Do they get along or are they both just fulfilling duties?

Ask yourselves these questions and I promise I will have that big-bang opener up tomorrow. You may call me a Sith if I don't ;)

Keitsumah likes this.
  11. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Since im currently at work when I get home ill be posting my character and starting a group convo for the masters and probably rhduke too. Sorry no padawans allowed

12. Macaberz

*evil chukle*

13. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Btw did you get my last pm @Macaberz ?

14. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

@Macaberz :O

@Mottahko sounds good.

There's still plenty we all can discuss together in the meantime. I assume there's a training "dojo" where the Jedi spar and the Padawans learn from their Masters. Most likely its a roofless section of the Academy with sparse trees and running water around the perimeter for a quiet and tranquil setting. What do you guys think? It's probably the place where everyone interacts with each other the most. Perhaps some Masters have developed rivalries here and even Padawans.

I know my character is probably here training in the late hours of the night. My character (Szevor) isn't the most sociable person but maybe there's someone just as persistent as him who'd appreciate little late night spar sessions ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Keitsumah likes this.
  15. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

While I don't have my character posted yet, Yaruw would likely have trained with Szevor as he would enjoy training with some one better than he ( Yaruw is a master). And better yet not another master trying to pry into him. However since he was recently cursed granted with a padawan older than usual, and surlier than usual, he spends most his time mediating of resting now.

16. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Name: Vividy'aru'wessinidid AKA "Yaruw" (Pronounced Yä'rue)

Height: 5'7"

Role: Jedi Master

Race: Chiss

Appearance: Long dark hair with a beard growing from his chin. Glowing red eyes are often unsettling to those unfamiliar with the Chiss. He carries a yellow lightsaber staff. He wears the humble robes of a Jedi Master. For a Chiss his skin hold a more purplish than normal tone to it.

[​IMG]
    History: Yaruw had been discovered by the Jedi order when he was young, being unusually gifted with force powers, he had struggled trying to learn the nuances of light saber dueling. it wasn't for awhile before his own master, Zavod Xillan, had tried giving him a staff. Finding this much more to his liking Yaruw had finally began to catch up. While still highly proficient, he only uses his light saber as a last resort. He prefers to use his powers to avoid physical confrontation. Some, including other Jedi, take this as a sign he's not a good fighter. Yaruw let's them think what they will.

While Yaruw is close-lipped when it comes to talking about himself, or about some of his past missions as a Jedi, he can be quite chatty with other people about a wide range of subjects. He's good at steering conversation away from himself when it comes up however.

Yaruw often finds himself on diplomatic missions as he is incredibly open-minded, able to see and emphasize with nearly anyone's point of view. He always attempts to keep situations as calm as possibly. Rumors harbor of his near-pacifism questionable actions he may have committed during a mission before his elevation to master. The mission in question was to try and bring about a peace between an Echani conclave and a Mandalore clan in a backwater part of the galaxy. The Mandalores had vanished after his visit, not just left, but couldn't be found. His superiors tried to find out what happened and Yaruws report had been somewhat terse. However time went on and he was elevated to Master recently.

The Jedi council has seen fit to do something unusual in his case, perhaps as a further test, trying to see if they could discern more about the personally reserved Yaruw by transferring an older padawan whose master had met with an unfortunate fate. The emotionally charged young Miraluka, Zebron Kooladi, has been providing quite a few headaches for Yaruw. While he suspects his ability to master his emotions may have been one of the factors involved in receiving her, fairly often he's simply masking, not mastering. Both Zebron and Yaruw are proficient with using their force powers, another move that makes sense. In the end though, Yaruw is an awfully young Master for such an old padawan. He's fairly certain this is a test from the council to see if he harbors any darkness in his heart as they are unable to see into him. So far the relationship between him and his padawan has been tense. Yaruw can detect feelings of resentment towards him but so far she hasn't opened up to him. For now Yaruw tolerates her antics, waiting for the right time to talk to her about it.

Good traits: Patient - Clever - Disciplined

Bad traits: Over protective - Sneaky - Dodgy

Force skill: 100
    Lightsaber skill: 67
    Athleticism: 77
    Technical skill: 41
    Strength: 60

17. Thomas Kitchen

I think my character, Kalamoro, would find serious competition with Nami, and would constantly try to outdo her in almost every way.

He would also severely dislike Master Yaruw, even though he is far superior. But his dislike for him is not the same as his dislike for Nami; Kala does not approve of his diplomacy, nor of his scruple with fighting, either with the force of with a lightsaber.

However, Kala is secretly extremely jealous of Yaruw's fantastic manipulation of the force, and this is what drives most of his hatred and jesting towards him.

Other than that, everyone else is more of an acquaintance than a friend or foe.

18. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Firstly Mac, its nice to see my techniques being used :)

Secondly, I want you to know that I would love to join this game...but considering I am struggling to run my own RP, I really don't have the time unfortunately. Perhaps in the future I will be able to add a character in.

19. Keitsumah

1. woops me and LtW made our first post in the training area, but i guess there could be a gym-like room right? actually i could go back and fix those details...

2. lol, I can see this game becoming fun very quickly. (and it is so on!) Nami may actually go to Master Yaruw for advice once in a while since she is strong in the force as well; though not so timid to use her lightsaber. Then she gets the best of both worlds since Chree can't do much in the way of training her in the force.

Edit: oh and @Thomas Kitchen: Nami was said to have lost a duel against another male padawan recently, so I'm going to put that as Kala. Do you mind? It would give him reason to act a little smug around her.

until he sees Vox that is... lol

Thomas Kitchen likes this.
  20. Keitsumah

okay well i kept Chree and Nami in their own private training room, so they won't be in the same one as your char. Otherwise he'd find out about Vox.

Oh and Everyone: you can expect to hear a big crash coming from the music room after me and LtW get our post up! :D That is gonna be hilarious

(and Mac i know you just quirked an eyebrow -just go with it!)

21. Thomas Kitchen

@Keitsumah - Is that even a question? :p

Yeah, Vox sounds a little scary! :D

22. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Name: Zebron Kooladi
    Height:
    5’6”
    Role:
    Padawan
    Race: Miraluka
    Appearance: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Miraluka?file=Miraluka_KotORCG.jpg

History:
    ZebronKooladi was born into an average family. She was not exceptional but had fantastic dreams of becoming a Jedi master. As all Miraluka are gifted in the force she began training herself in the arts of the force as long as she could remember. She was accepted into the ranks of jedi not too long and began official training quickly. Her master was a young man only 15 years older than her and she became as loyal as she could ever imagine. It wasn’t long before she grew madly in love with her master. She knew it was wrong, and that it was against everything that the Jedi code taught be she couldn’t help it. He was smart funny, and so brave. Then everything changed, her master died.

With this death she was transferred to a new master, Vividy’aru’wessinidid. She couldn’t understand what was the purpose of this transfer. She was old enough, and ready to be a knight. Obviously, she was upset when her master died. The council could not have known that she was in love, she made no mention of it, she was pretty sure that she let nothing slip. Sure this man was good with the force, be she was inate with the force, she was Miraluka. Zebron decided to play these council games, she would earn her knighthood one way or the other. She, however, was not going to make this easy on Yaruw. She would prove that she was ready to be a Jedi Knight.

Good traits: Determined, ambitious, and Loyal
    Bad traits: Emotional, ill-tempered, and biased

Force skill: 35
    Lightsaber skill:
    Athleticism: 20
    Technical skill:
    Strength:

Keitsumah, Macaberz and Mottahko like this.
  23. Macaberz

That opener is coming folks, just need to do some dishes and go over it one last time.

24. Keitsumah

LOL he is sucha baby once you see him dw (the pic is just what he would look like as an adult i can't find akk dog puppies -but he is a big boy)

yay now i get to see Zebron!

Edit: Mac if you don't... i will hold you to being called a Sith.

25. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Same here