1. Last_Cyt

Last_Cyt New Member

Ophelia

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Last_Cyt, Aug 20, 2008.

Ophelia by Lisa Klein is an amazing retelling of Hamlet. This is told from Ophelia's point of veiw and it provides a variety of twists and additions to the original story.

The main reason why I enjoyed it was because it showed Ophelia as a much stronger and witty character. In this book, Ophelia is less of a victim and takes charge of things herself.

2. MarionRivers

MarionRivers New Member

I liked that Ophelia was a victim, though. Hamlet abused her to "hey nunnt nunny". I'm interested by this concept of a story told from her point of view, though, for she is my favorite character.

3. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I read this book about half a year ago. I thought it was excellent, and although in a way it disasembled Ophelia's innocence, it did show her far more witty. It was a great read, on my watch.

4. Adelaide

Adelaide New Member

I'm also interested by this concept. I find Ophelia to be endlessly intriguing and very mysterious. As for innocence, I think she never was really innocent. Why would she go crazy if she was not truly aware of the fact that Hamlet was deeply disturbed? Anyway, I'd like to check the book out.

5. Lil Miss Me

Lil Miss Me New Member

Finally!

A thread just for what may be one of the best books ever written. I hulled up in my room with it and didn't come out until sundown at which point I finally put the thing down, having closed the last cover and uttered the phrase "why didn't I think of it first" This book, though the details are hazy to me now, is breathtaking. God bless the author of this book. It was PHENOMENAL!